Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Swim Arlington evenings
CREATED: 03/17/09 by kemerson REPLIES: 20
kemerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
Swim Arlington evenings
POSTED: 3/17/09 4:15 PM

Is there anyone in the Arlington area who will be swimming per the schedule in the evenings. I work in Rosslyn and dont get off until 6pm but can get to just about anywhere in Arlington in a few minutes. I need a swimming buddy to help keep me on track. I definatley need stroke work but can swim laps without drowning. Since I may have to join a gym or club to do this I need someone who is able to stay on schedule and swim evenings at least most of the time.

silvercannonca    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 41
RE: Swim Arlington evenings
POSTED: 3/17/09 6:58 PM

I swim in Crstal City -- can probably get you some kind of deal on the membership at Sport and Health. I'd love to swim in the evenings -- only caveat, I also play soccer so cannot say I'll swim every M W F, depends on the soccer schedule, but if my game is later (i.e. 9, i"ll swim first) and of course off nights

lettieg    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 3/17/09 10:19 PM

I swim in Crystal City as well. I don't have a set pool yet, I'm trying out the arlington public pools this week. I am trying to avoid joining a health club because I only need a pool. That said I would be willing to commit to one swim a week with you if you find other people to swim with on the other days.

Lettie

POSTED: 3/17/09 10:31 PM

I have been thinking about the S & H club in Arlington. I hate to join yet another gym but at least I have one of those near my house as well. They do have 3 free days so I can go with you on a swim adn check it out and then see what the cost is. I just need to get on with my swim schedule so whatever I need to do. Can you swim in the evenings? Like 6ish.

nathancurll's ravatar nathancurll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 22
POSTED: 3/18/09 11:16 AM

I swim at the Crystal City S&H, usually in the evening. Sometimes I run before I swim as well, but am still usually in the pool by 6ish, and typically swim anywhere from 2500-4000. The cold plunge they have setup there isnt bad, and is nice after a long run/swim workout.

POSTED: 3/18/09 2:42 PM

I found this great link on total immersion swimming. If you sroll down the page there is a video that shows almost every angel so you can really see what it looks like.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2008/08/13/total-immersion-how-i-learned-to-swim-effortlessly-in-10-days-and-you-can-too/

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 3/18/09 6:22 PM

I am planning to start swimming more regularly at the Washington and Lee High School Pool. The cost is $4/swim, or you can purchase a bulk of passes at a lower rate. Anyone else swim at W & L?

nrakestraw    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 3/18/09 7:39 PM

I plan on swimming at W&L so let me know if you want to meet up at all. I get off work at 4 so I am pretty flexible time wise.

-Natrisha

lettieg    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 3/18/09 7:46 PM

I'm going to swim at Wakefield for the first time tomorrow, so I may be up for W & L, I'll let you know what I think. I'm still picking my pool. What time of day do you normally swim?

Lettie

palomine84    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/20/09 8:45 AM

Hello!

I swim at Crystal City S&H. On designated swim days I am usually there between 5-7pm and can meet according to your schedule if you wanted to train.

I am a former swim instructor and am happy to give stroke tips :) though I caveat I used to teach little swim team children (4-14), so there might be a childish spin to my lessons - e.g. breast stroke: "up, out, squeeze!!"

nrakestraw    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 3/20/09 10:08 AM

I am going to go to W &L today (Friday) at 4:30ish so let me know if anyone is wants to join! How was the wakefield pool? I think that one is closer to me. Anyways let me know!

-Natrisha

idar's ravatar idar    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 3/20/09 10:59 PM

I have heard good things about Arlington Ageless Masters - they swim/train most evenings at W&L pool, I think 8:30-9:30pm, which actually sounds good to me since I tend to work late.

They also do swim clinics two nights a week. The web site is
http://www.teamunify.com/SubTabGeneric.jsp?team=pvsaac&_stabid_=5238

Is anyone else interested in trying this out? They say there is safety in numbers... :)

~ida

POSTED: 3/22/09 10:49 AM

Just realized this posting is for evening swims, but I tend to like to workout in the morning. Anyone swimming at W & L in the am?

POSTED: 3/23/09 11:59 AM

I have joined Sport and Health in Arlington - Crystal City so I can swim there inthe evenings now. Let me know if you swim there in the evenings. I get off around 6 pm and can be tehre to swim around 6:30 pm.

aspotts    JOINED: 3/29/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 3/29/09 2:07 PM

I've been swimming at W&L in mornings (6am-7am) and on the weekends (mornings) if anyone is interested. The bulk pass is the way to go!

I have a swimming background and have to say practicing with a couple teammates always makes for a better practice for everyone!

Andrew

POSTED: 3/29/09 3:29 PM

I would be interested in practicing with you at W&L. I also have a background in swimming and need some motivation to get myself to the pool. What weekday mornings do you typically swim?

Erin

aspotts    JOINED: 3/29/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 3/29/09 4:33 PM

Any weekday suits me - I usually swim for about at hour - I started swimming again for the tri season so I was planning to build up from there depending how I feel.

I'll be out of town next weekend but would be interested in meeting up M-Tu- Wed morning to swim. Let me know if you're in.

Andrew

POSTED: 3/29/09 5:44 PM

Tuesday this week would work for me. You can email me directly at ellove@gwu.edu.

Erin

idar's ravatar idar    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 3/29/09 9:01 PM

I'd love to join you two at W&L on Tues. a.m. I have had a hard time getting started on the swimming and could really use the peer-pressure to get the ball rolling.

my email is ida.rademacher@gmail.com

ida

janemangione    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 4/07/09 10:43 AM

I just saw the post on the Arlington Ageless Masters and I am interested in trying it out. I am a little hesitant, though, because I am new to swimming, but it says it is for all levels....has anyone gone yet or is anyone interested in going?
If you'd like to try to meet up and go, shoot me an email at janemangione@gmail.com

Jane

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria