Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

W & OD Trail Condition
CREATED: 02/28/10 by krafty81 REPLIES: 6
krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
W & OD Trail Condition
POSTED: 2/28/10 2:34 PM

Planning a ride next weekend. Any reports? Interested in Vienna, then heading west. Thanks.

Terry

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
RE: W & OD Trail Condition
POSTED: 2/28/10 9:02 PM

Probably depends on what happens this Tue./Wed. There's a small possibility of another significant snowfall but the W. Post's Capital Weather Gang is currently predicting that we're likely to have less than 1" of snow, if that. The storm could veer west and hit us with another big snowfall (5"+) but there's only a 10% chance of that happening.

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 3/01/10 6:23 AM

is the trail clear right now?

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
POSTED: 3/01/10 12:46 PM

I don't know. I haven't been on the trail this month but I did read on WashCycle that the trail was being plowed. Someone from the NVRPA (Northern Va. Regional Park Authority) said that the trail would be plowed so that 1" of snow would be remaining. They do that so the plows don't damage the asphalt. That comment was posted last week, before the temperatures started getting warmer.

That's all the info I have.

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 496
POSTED: 3/01/10 1:01 PM

The Arlington portion of the trail is in good shape.

POSTED: 3/01/10 1:18 PM

There are several updates at twitter.com/dctrails.

Many sections appear to have been plowed but someone said there is still at least one icy section (as of Sat., Feb. 27).

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 3/01/10 3:57 PM

I ran 14 miles yesterday from Arlington to Almost Vienna
After you pass a East fall church there is an area of about 600 mts that have fresh snow of about a foot. Once you pass west fall church there is another area near the tennis court that have fresh snow. After that the area after the 495 bridge have snow so the path is really thin. I assume that on the way to Vienna and after it you will find areas with a lot of snow that have not been remove. Recommendations go to Hains point or Seneca ride should be better.

Eric

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria