Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Training Tri - Thank You
CREATED: 07/10/11 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 20
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
Training Tri - Thank You
POSTED: 7/10/11 7:08 PM

A huge thanks goes out to our volunteers who helped out at the training tri. We had our usual help with Matt, Bryan, Ed, and Bill & Erik who waited down at T-2 while we did our swim. Great have some newbies out there lending a hand. Many thanks! You guys ROCK! -Hugh

jdruke's ravatar jdruke    JOINED: 9/2/10    POSTS: 64
RE: Training Tri - Thank You
POSTED: 7/10/11 7:57 PM

Thanks everyone!!

back_marker's ravatar back_marker    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/10/11 8:10 PM

Roger that!
Another first class effort by the club. thanks to Hugh and all the volunteers!

POSTED: 7/10/11 8:19 PM

I should have the results up in a day or so. There's only so much my eyes can take looking at those numbers. Great day everyone!

hahleewude's ravatar hahleewude    JOINED: 12/18/10    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 7/11/11 6:21 AM

This was my first training tri and I was amazed at how smoothly everything was run. From the initial (personal) email back from Hugh about my swim time to the smiling timers and volunteers. I definitely enjoyed this low key race to practice.

Also to my fellow DC Tri Clubers: your support and camaraderie on the course was the BEST part. TY!

hamburger1971's ravatar hamburger1971    JOINED: 8/13/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 7/11/11 8:02 AM

Thanks to everyone that volunteered to make the training tri happen. Your help is very much appreciated!

jh

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 7/11/11 8:03 AM

Hugh and volunteers-- GREAT JOB! It was a wonderful event, and I think the two-transition course worked really well.

Looking forward to August's event!

Great job to all the participants! It was great to see everyone out there.

Cheers, Abby

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 424
POSTED: 7/11/11 9:05 AM

Hugh - 2nd what Abby said, the new two transition setup logistics were flawless! Liked the 5 short bike loops too. Definitely good improvements and it was nice to see that almost everyone stuck around for the BBQ since the finish line was right there.

Matt and volunteers - great job on keeping things together and waking up early to help out!

-Brady

jhegmann    JOINED: 11/16/10    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 7/11/11 9:40 AM

Thank you for organizing it! It was a great opportunity to get out of the 'norm' of workouts.

Volunteers - thank you for yout time.

Jessica

waimingloh    JOINED: 5/1/11    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 7/11/11 10:22 AM

Thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable morning.
I'm new to DC and DC Tri Club and felt welcomed and had fun.
Cheers!

POSTED: 7/11/11 12:04 PM

Great to hear all of the positive feedback. There are a few little glitches that need to be done (like reminding people to put their name on their caps and not to park in the bus spaces) that we'll fix for next time.

I'm slowly working on the results. Next training tri will be either August 20th or 21st.

TahraJ's ravatar TahraJ    JOINED: 2/28/10    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 7/11/11 5:15 PM

This was my 2nd DC tri event and it was great to meet new people and have a lot of positive energy during the course. I'm looking forward to training with the club and meeting more of you :-) Thank you to all who volunteered!

boglevee's ravatar boglevee    JOINED: 2/11/11    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 7/12/11 9:47 PM

thanks to the volunteers and organizers!! this was an awesome way to get more tri experience!

-brad

daveck7's ravatar daveck7    JOINED: 3/29/11    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 7/13/11 12:47 PM

Another great training race Hugh. Thanks again to you and the volunteers.

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 7/13/11 4:47 PM

Hi all, the results are now posted:
http://dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Race.Race_Results

There are probably a few folks in there who mis-counted laps and were one lap short on the bike, hence a higher than normal percentage of folks riding over 20 mph. But for the most part, the results should be correct.

Thanks,
Kevin

dwitt616's ravatar dwitt616    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 7/13/11 6:16 PM

First off - I'm grateful to Hugh and all the volunteers for putting on the event. Major props all the way around.

Secondly, I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge what many who observe this forum already know - getting a new bike makes you WAY faster! I'm not talking like .5mph faster - I mean, like, WAY FASTER. (Ed, I hope you're looking forward to this).

As some of you know my bike was stolen about a week ago. A week and 2 trips to Conte's later I have my shiny and new CAAD10. My inaugural ride was, in fact, Sunday's Training Tri.

Still no quick release kit on which to place my Garmin, so, I can't independently verify my bike time. I am usually good for an average of 20mph. But I think everyone knows what happened here...it was the bike - and not my feeble math skills :)

Yours Truly,

(Daniel Witt aka "Superfly!")

P.S. In truth, I'm almost positive I went 5 (it was 5, right!?) Hoping a number got switched up somewhere on some sheet. Because...yep, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - I got there...

markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 7/13/11 7:14 PM

From my perspective, but nobody gains 4 mph just from a new bike, unless you are going from a heavy mountain bike to a super-light carbon bike. So either the results are correct, and you were flying by every person out there (and winning the bike leg by two minutes over second place), or you missed a lap, which would make your time consistent with a 20-mph effort. I'm just asking the question... you would know better than anyone else.

To be clear, the course was 5 full laps of 3.2 miles, plus the final 1 mile from the T1 to T2, for a total of 17 miles. In other words, one should have passed by T2 five times, and entered T2 the sixth time they saw it.

Kevin

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 258
POSTED: 7/13/11 8:56 PM

This was the bike course:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/98158475

DavidWGrant's ravatar DavidWGrant    JOINED: 12/10/09    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/14/11 7:44 AM

Many thanks to Hugh and all volunteers for a great training tri. Enjoyed the social afterwards as well.

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 424
POSTED: 7/14/11 9:17 AM

Any chance that anybody picked a Nathan 2 bottle hydration belt at the T2 (bike in) entrance?

I took it off for the last 1/4 mile around the Point and one of the great volunteers asked "can I take that to the finish for you?" and of course I responded "no I'll come back for it" and I totally forgot.

Thanks,
Brady

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria