Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DC Tri Club Gear Order: Sizing Kit Now Available
CREATED: 01/25/12 by ballstoncyclist REPLIES: 17
ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 491
DC Tri Club Gear Order: Sizing Kit Available
POSTED: 1/25/12 2:20 PM

Thanks to our merchant partner Freshbikes, a sizing kit for the Champion Systems gear is once again available for members to try out in their store locations. The kit will be available at Freshbikes Arlington (3924 Wilson Blvd 703.248.9600) from Friday, January 27th to Saturday, February 4th. It will then be transferred to Freshbikes Bethesda (7626 Old Georgetown Rd 301.312.6159) on Sunday, February 5th (evening), and will be there through closing on Sunday, February 12th. This year we will offer two methods to order gear:

Method 1: Bulk order (like the old days) via the Gear Shop available February 12-26. Members only pay the price listed in the gear shop, and do not have to worry about shipping charges. Gear will be delivered the first week of May.

Method 2: Anytime order via Champion Systems Online Shop. This ordering method is available now and throughout the year, but members are responsible for shipping and stocking charges. Please allow 2-4 weeks for your order to be processed and shipped.

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
RE: DC Tri Club Gear Order: Sizing Kit Now Available
POSTED: 1/25/12 3:54 PM

We are planning to offer the following CS items as part of the bulk gear order:

Tri Top - Men's
Tri Top - Women's
Distance Tri Top - Men's
Distance Tri Top - Women's
Tri Short - Men's
Tri Short - Women's
Distance Tri Short - Men's
Distance Tri Short - Women's
Tri Suit - Men's
Tri Suit - Women's
Distance Tri Suit - Men's
Distance Tri Suit - Women's

Short Sleeve Cycling Jersey - Men's
Short Sleeve Cycling Jersey - Women's
Sleeveless Cycling Jersey - Men's
Sleeveless Cycling Jersey - Women's
Long Sleeve Cycling Jersey - Men's
Long Sleeve Cycling Jersey - Women's
Wind Jacket - Men's
Wind Jacket - Women's
Cycling Shorts - Men's
Cycling Shorts - Women's
Bib Shorts - Men's
Arm Warmers
Cycling Gloves

Run Singlet - Men's
Run Singlet - Women's
Casual Tech Pants - Men's
Casual Tech Pants - Women's

If there is an item not on this list that you feel should be included, please post below. If there are any questions regarding this upcoming bulk order, please post below as well!

Thanks,
Andy

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 207
POSTED: 1/26/12 9:13 AM

I think you forgot men's and women's Dc Tri Club Zubaz pants, available only in XXXL or XXXS

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1045
POSTED: 1/26/12 11:49 AM

Andy - what is the difference between the regular tri top/short and the distance ones?

POSTED: 1/26/12 12:05 PM

Hugh,

Distance tri items have pockets, and regular tri items do not. There is little to no difference in the length or cut of the garments.

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 1/26/12 12:30 PM

Hugh,

For the tops only:
The distance tri top and the regular tri top have slightly different cuts. That is the collar on the Distance top goes all the way up to the neck like a cycling jersey and the sleeves are cut like a vest/sleeveless cycling jersey (as in the shoulder material is WIDE).

Both regular and Distance tops have side pockets.

You can see pix of me in the distance top in my Kinetic album on FB. I can also take some pix of the regular and distance tops and post them here or email to you.

Also, If you like the distance top, I have one in Large I'm looking to get rid of.

Best,
Trevor

POSTED: 1/27/12 10:13 AM

Sizing kit is now available at Freshbikes - Arlington. We have cycling shorts, tri shorts, cycling tops, and tri tops available in both men's and women's sizes to try on.

Please note that the following sizes/items are NOT available in the kit:
· Women’s short XXL
· Men’s Tri Top XL
· Women’s Tri Top XXL
· Men’s Tri Short XXL
· Women’s Tri Short XL

Thanks,
Andy

jennism's ravatar jennism    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 2/15/12 7:14 PM

Do any women have experience ordering men's sizes? I'm tall (5'10") and tried on the women's kit at one of the NTP events, and the shirt was super short...as in 3"+ gap between the bottom of the shirt and the waistband of the shorts. I'm thinking of ordering a men's kit, just in smaller sizes. Is there any significant difference between the men's and women's kits that would make it so that I really should just get the women's? Thanks!

RJohnson1979's ravatar RJohnson1979    JOINED: 9/13/09    POSTS: 81
POSTED: 2/15/12 7:40 PM

jennism - I had the same problem for the men's top and was thinking about getting a larger size but there isn't much difference in the cut for this item according to the sizing chart:

http://champ-sys.com/custom/triathlon/triathlon-size-chart

Men's S, M, and L and Women's M and L all have the same 18" length in the front which means if you are tall there will be a gap unless you get a one piece suit.

Ryan

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 2/16/12 9:36 AM

Do take into account the graphics of the club gear on the Gear Shop page may not exactly match the product that you're actually buying (prime example, the Regular Tri Top is depicted as a Distance Tri Top; running/marathon singlets don't both look the same...). Also, the descriptions aren't very good either....

I encourage looking at the "custom [sport of your choice]" pages in Champion Systems' website for better depictions of what you're actually buying.

Is there any way we can get CS to get some accurate product graphics/depiction and descriptions on our club gear page?

T

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
RE: DC Tri Club Gear Order:
POSTED: 2/16/12 3:32 PM

Hey jennism:

[politically correct response since I'm on the Board]
I'm a tall gal, too. 5'11". I ordered a men's small tri top and it almost closes the gap.
[/politically correct response since I'm on the Board]

[my real opinion, in a moderated tone]
As a tall woman, I do not like Champion Systems. The inseam on the women's shorts is insufficient, but I wear them anyway. A clubmate suggested that this year's version is different, but I am skeptical. Get a few drinks in me at HH tonight and I will tell you how I really feel about their gear.
[/my real opinion in a moderated tone]

--Abby, censored

jgreenfield's ravatar jgreenfield    JOINED: 11/19/10    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 2/17/12 8:33 AM

Andy/Alejandro,

From what I can tell, the Distance Tri Suit isn't available via the Champions Systems website, although the regular Tri Suit is.

Is the Distance Tri Suit only available through the bulk order?

Thanks,
John

POSTED: 2/17/12 8:39 AM

That is correct. The distance tri suit is currently only offered through the bulk order.

Thanks,
Andy

nemelton    JOINED: 4/16/11    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 2/23/12 1:27 PM

Will you guys be ordering sports bras in the bulk order? Also, any women know about their sizing? Gear Shop says there are no mediums available. I'm hoping they run big or small so I can get a size they do have.

Thanks,
Noelle

POSTED: 2/23/12 1:44 PM

I believe we still have some mediums available and may just need to update our quantities in the Gear Shop. I will post here once we have those updated.

I will defer on sports bra sizing.

Thanks,
Andy

nemelton    JOINED: 4/16/11    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 2/23/12 2:10 PM

That'd be great - thanks Andy!

slowtwitchva's ravatar slowtwitchva    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 207
POSTED: 4/30/12 2:59 PM

Is the sizing kit still available anywhere or am I way to late on this?

Wes 1.0

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 491
POSTED: 4/30/12 3:05 PM

Too late for the sizing kit. But you can order directly from Champ Sys. I would check with fellow Club members that were part of the recent order to take a look at the sizes. They should have all received the gear by now.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria