Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DCTri Club USAT National Club Challenge - Update 8 (Get your behind on the saddle)
CREATED: 01/03/13 by ballstoncyclist REPLIES: 1
ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 496
NCC - Update 8 (Get your behind on the saddle)
POSTED: 1/03/13 3:15 PM

Swim month recap
Congratulation to everyone!!! Swim month was a smashing success and it appears that we’ve broken all previous records. In total, we collectively swam about 2,200 miles (unweighted). Results are posted at: http://www.race-tracker.net/usat/standings_swimsession.cfm

Some key results:
• Katie Palavecino led the pack with 79 miles, followed closely by Deborah Gayle and Mike Obershiemer with 75 miles each.
• The Board averaged 17.1 miles
• Bougie out-swam Brady by about 1,000 yards (23.3 vs 22.71 miles). That means girls 1, boys 0.
• Final swim results are now posted on the file. Please check to make sure your swim totals are accurate and let me know if there are any discrepancies. This file will be used to raffle the two Garmins. (this will be done by the Board, not me) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgcT1aGyVCiPdFJFS0lENXlUT1RBMUdITlc4UmFtdFE

Bike month Preview
As I said before, bike month will be tough. San Diego is very strong and has the benefit of nice weather. To keep things in prospective, we were out-biked by an average of 70 miles per athlete last month. Based on the results from last year’s NCC and looking at December, we need to average about 400 bike miles each to be competitive. This is absolutely doable but we all need to contribute!! A few things to remember:
Commuting miles count. A few miles here and there could make a huge difference.
Spin miles count. If an athlete does not have a computer tracking their mileage during a spinning class or stationary bike, USAT will grant that person 15 miles for each hour on a spin/stationary bike.

The award for winning bike month is a Computrainer. We will implement a similar eligibility scheme like the one we had for swim month. However, based on feedback I’ve received we will do a couple changes to reward top performers. My plan is to have a system where your name is entered multiple times in a lottery. Here is the tentative plan. I will refine and provide all the rules on the next update:
• Top 75: one entry
• Beat the Board: one entry
• Top cyclist overall: 10 entries
• Next 9 (positions 2-10): 5 entries
• Next 10 (position 11-20): 3 entries
• Next 10 (positions 21-30): 1 entry
• Top male and female cyclist (outside of top cyclist): 3 entries

Leaving the competition
I’ve just received an email from USAT allowing athletes in Team 1 to be dropped and replaced by someone from Team 2. This is only in cases of injury or when an athlete is “just not that into it” (their words, not mine). The Swim session results would be unaffected, but from this point on any miles entered by a traded athlete would go to his/her new team.
Please let me know let me know ASAP if you are in Team 1, meet the criteria, and want to leave Team 1.

Alejandro (better get on my bike)

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 714
RE: DCTri Club USAT National Club Challenge - Update 8 (Get your behind on the saddle)
POSTED: 1/03/13 3:20 PM

Been on the bike and have the "bad a@#" to prove it. That trainer sure is tough. Must also remember to keep treats handy for my cat who keeps looking at me like "Get off that thing and give me treats." It's nice to have company in my basement though.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria