Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Volunteers for Columbia Triathlon
CREATED: 05/06/09 by adilks REPLIES: 10
adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
Volunteers for Columbia Triathlon
POSTED: 5/06/09 3:43 PM

I'm trying to convince the race director at Columbia Triathlon to allow DC Triathlon Club to pitch the tent for the race. The only way this will happen is if we supply enough volunteers. I'm trying to gauge how many we will have May 17th.

If you have already volunteered or plan to volunteer, then please send me an email or post here. I'm hoping that all our volunteers can be in one place, either a water stop or the finish line.

If you're not racing, please help out both the DC Tri Club and also the Columbia Triathlon.

JSepanik's ravatar JSepanik    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 6
RE: Volunteers for Columbia Triathlon
POSTED: 5/06/09 4:01 PM

Angela, I am planning on volunteering. I have not signed up yet though. Feel free to tell the race director that I will not volunteer unless the tri club gets to put up the tent. :)

Julie

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 5/06/09 4:08 PM

I have signed up to volunteer at Columbia Triathlon and have already been assigned to the bike course. I don't know WHERE on the bike course, but I'll be out there somewhere. Maybe directing bikes and holding up traffic or at the water station.

If you get a DCTri volunteer group, I don't mind switching over.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 5/06/09 8:41 PM

tell devigaro that i'm doing the officials clinic and that if you need to use it as a "volunteer" that should suffice because i'm not getting paid to do it.

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 5/07/09 8:49 AM

I'm volunteering - in the transition area.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1068
POSTED: 5/07/09 9:48 AM

Awesome - If anyone else is already signed up to volunteer, please be sure to let Angela know so that we can count you among our numbers.

It would be awesome if we can provide at least 10 volunteers again this year. That works out to be better than one volunteer for every 10 DC Triathletes which is a great ratio. Especially considering that there's another race going on that weekend in Richmond.

Thanks!

Tamara's ravatar Tamara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 5/07/09 10:16 AM

I am signed up...supposedly to work body-marking and possibly the awards ceremony, but am pretty flexible.

lhysell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 5/07/09 11:04 AM

I'm volunteering - body marking and the finish line.

lizbradley04    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 5/11/09 10:04 PM

Lara Kline and I would like to volunteer on Sat...who should we contact to be part of the DC Tri Club group?

Tx,
Liz Bradley

POSTED: 5/12/09 6:38 AM

Liz,

Thanks for helping out. Please email me by clicking on the link on my post above. The link is in the second paragraph.

Angela

POSTED: 5/15/09 1:14 PM

Way to go, DC Tri! We have at least 15 volunteers for this race. If you want to join in the fun, then just show up.

There is a volunteer meeting with Paul Goldenberg (cell phone: 410/707-5611) at 7:30am in the parking lot adjacent to the HANDBALL COURTS, just inside the OLD ANNAPOLIS ROAD entrance to the park. It is the parking lot in the North Area, see the attached map of Centennial Park.

You can either park in this lot, or park in the race day parking or Rt 108 if that's full and walk over to the meeting site. See the attached Course Map to see where to go, around Mile 5 of the run course. It looks like about 1.5 mile walk from the transition area, but probably mostly uphill.

If you have a DC Tri hat or Visor, please wear it.

Thank you so much for your help and have a great time!

Centennial Park

Course Map

Ang

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria