Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Does Verizon FiOS TV include Universal Sports?
CREATED: 06/08/10 by PotomacTriathlete2009 REPLIES: 5
PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 525
Does Verizon FiOS TV include Universal Sports?
POSTED: 6/08/10 10:39 AM

I have Verizon FiOS Internet service but I've been reluctant to switch TV service to FiOS because I can't figure out if they carry Universal Sports. As you may know, Universal Sports is by far the friendliest TV channel for triathletes, runners and swimmers. (They are tied with Versus for best cycling channel.) US airs IM races, ITU races, the Giro d'Italia, major marathons and track meets, major swim meets and many more events from Olympic sports.

Does the channel line-up for FiOS in Arlington include Universal Sports? I would think they do because the channel is one of the alternative secondary channels broadcast by WRC, the local NBC station. US is owned by NBC Universal. But I can't see the channel on the online listing. I checked the brochure that FiOS keeps sending me and I also called them yesterday. There is a note about other local channels being included but I don't know what that means.

Any Arlingtonians here with FiOS who can confirm that Verizon includes Universal Sports?

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 204
RE: Does Verizon FiOS TV include Universal Sports?
POSTED: 6/08/10 10:43 AM

Or you can call Verizon.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 958
POSTED: 6/08/10 10:45 AM

Try this: click here

First link should give you all the answers.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 6/08/10 10:46 AM

@asovonic
I did. I said so in my first post. That person couldn't say. I checked the Verizon forums once and someone said that the channel was now part of the DC area line-up but I'd like confirmation.

Thanks for your helpful post.

POSTED: 6/08/10 10:52 AM

Yes, I know what Google is. The problem here is that Verizon doesn't seem to be listing the channel under it's proper name. There is something called NBC Plus and Universal HD. I don't think Universal HD is the sports channel but I'm not sure about NBC Plus. There is conflicting info about what that is, whether that substation has been canceled and might be Universal Sports.

I've read different info on the Verizon FiOS forum about the channel so I really have no idea what is going on. I've called Verizon and I've checked their website. I figured there would be at least one person here with FiOS who might know the answer.

POSTED: 6/08/10 10:56 AM

OK, it seems that they carry it on Ch. 464 as WRC Universal Sports.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria