Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Revolution Bikes Does Tri
CREATED: 06/08/10 by silvercannonca REPLIES: 6
silvercannonca    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 41
Revolution Bikes Does Tri
POSTED: 6/08/10 11:14 AM

Don't know if everyone is already aware of this, but I was in the dark until this last weekend and had such a great experience it's only fair to the bike shop to share -- Revolution Bikes in Clarendon now does tri bikes. (I suppose the other locations do too). They, of course, have the new Trek Speed Concept tri bikes, but also carry Felt and Orbea. Added bonus, FREE 1.5 hour fitting with any bike purchase; not the 15 minute eye baller, but the real deal.

Much to my surprise, this group was fantastic. Helpful, pleasant, really knew their stuff -- I had boycotted them after a couple unpleasant incidents several years ago including the manager insisting I should order bike shoes that were 2 full sizes smaller than my running shoes (I declined and he got huffy), going in only because they were the only ones with the bike I wanted to check out before I ordered it online. Completely new management and employees, and as I said, they really know their stuff with several triathletes on staff.

I rode 6 different bikes and they were cool about it, listening to me rather than telling me what I wanted. I ended up buying a new saddle, which they made sure to measure on their butt measuring machine to be sure they were selling me the correct size saddle. This was a very nice extra step, especially when a month ago I had a 'full' fitting at another shop and they never measured anything, just grabbed a saddle and stuck it on the bike, which they grumbled about taking off when I insisted the seat was too big.

These guys really are worth checking out -- and even if you aren't ready to buy, a really good resource to talk to about bikes and what you are contemplating as they are have a lot of knowledge that they are happy to share -- even on bikes they don't have.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 897
RE: Revolution Bikes Does Tri
POSTED: 6/08/10 11:18 AM

Just because I wanna say (write) it.... :)

That butt measuring machine is known as an ASSometer.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
POSTED: 6/08/10 11:32 AM

I will also add the Royal stamp of approval for Revolution Cycle.

I'm not as versed in the field of ass mechanics that Bryan seems to be. I'm not sure if I can address whether getting your ass measured by a machine is a fad or the real deal. However, Revolution Cycle is also providing free mechanics for the transition area at PeasantMan as well free SAG bike support.

If you want your ass measured by a machine at PeasantMan, maybe I can recruit Bryan to bring his personal Assometer to the event.

Tuan

clcohen's ravatar clcohen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 6/08/10 2:03 PM

I love this place. I brought in a broken chain to the Clarendon location on a Saturday afternoon, and they replaced it on the spot (and mended my bent derrailleur for free). In contrast, the bike store down the street asked me to bring my bike back (for a different issue) during the week because there wasn't enough room to store it until they had time to fix it.

Revolution also provides mechanical service at a bunch of mountain bike races, and they were all over the Bike to Work day. Good community service, and I forgo the DC tri discount at other shops to give them my business.

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 6/08/10 4:44 PM

Agree completely! They are great!

chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 6/08/10 6:20 PM

They are great. Both the Clarendon and G-Town stores have great employees.
Although they aren't a merchant partner, so don't give DCTri discounts, if you are a WABA member and have the WABA card on you, you do get a discount. (I don't know how much, as I didn't have the card with me).
-C

silvercannonca    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 6/09/10 7:42 AM

They may be rethinking the discount thing as I know some people that have received the discount when they asked. worth asking if you are in the store buying something.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria