DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Newbie in Arlington
CREATED: 11/12/13 by Katie214 REPLIES: 2
Katie214    JOINED: 11/7/13    POSTS: 2
Newbie in Arlington
POSTED: 11/12/13 9:43 PM

Hi all,

Just joined the club last week, looking forward to meeting some new friends & training partners soon.

A bit about me: Moved to Arlington about a year ago, was previously living in Richmond, VA. I work in Mclean so am up for group workouts in a variety of NoVa / DC locations.

Race history: Philly Half 2008, MCM 2009, VA Beach Half 2010, Richmond Marathon 2011, San Anthonys Olympic Tri 2011, Bethany Beach Sprint Tri 2012, plus a variety of 10Ks and other runs i've lost track of

While running is definitely my comfort zone, I'vee been struggling with a knee injury for about a year which came on while training for a marathon last spring. After some PT, I am working my mileage back up and am running 3-4 miles a few times per week. The knee is feeling much better so I am optimistic about the 2014 race season! Right now, I swim about once a week, could use some work on swim technique or just company to get me more motivated to go to the pool more regularly! I did a lot of cycling this summer but am switching over to spin classes given the cold weather and limited daylight. I think the bike is my weakest area so would love some training tips there. I usually ride on my own, never done group rides before so they seem a bit intimidating :)

Overall I am looking forward to some group training and extra motivation. Please let me know if anyone is interested in a training partner in Arlington!

-Katie

PS- I am considering doing the Olympic Speed Program in the winter, anyone done this before and have some thoughts to share from your experience?

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
RE: Newbie in Arlington
POSTED: 11/12/13 10:28 PM

You might check out feelers about clubbers swimming at a newly renovated Arlington pool (Washington-Lee is also good):

https://www.dctriclub.org//forum/messages.cfm?tid=FE0AAE91-D073-5011-8086E84D924528C8&page=1

And you might keep your eyes open for the club's annual group winter spin session in Arlington.

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 429
RE: Newbie in Arlington
POSTED: 11/13/13 7:58 AM

Katie,

I'd be happy to talk to you more about the Olympic Distance Speed Program. If you make it to the to the Annual Meeting and Kona Viewing Party this weekend, that would be a good opportunity to chat with myself and there should also be a good number of participants from this years class there.

Alternatively, if you click on my username (i.e. "nelsb7p0") after you're logged in and then click "Send nelsb7p0 a message" you can send me a message.

-Brady

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria