Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Advice for Savageman Spectators
CREATED: 08/14/09 by mdgoalie REPLIES: 4
mdgoalie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
Advice for Savageman Spectators
POSTED: 8/14/09 1:19 PM

I'm signed up to do Savageman in September. My girlfriend is wondering if anyone who has done it in the past has any advice on good places for spectators to watch the race and see me more than once. Anyone have any advice?

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 962
RE: Advice for Savageman Spectators
POSTED: 8/14/09 1:24 PM

As with pretty much any triathlon, the transition area is the best place to see people. You keep coming back to it. :)

For Savageman, the bike courses are single loops whether you're doing the Half or the Oly. For the run, the Half does the Oly run twice. There is really no place out on the course to see you more than once. If you're doing the Half, maybe your friend wants to see you attempt the Westernport Wall and then come back to see you pass by on the run course twice. If you're doing the Oly, then transition is best.

Transition is also a good place because you're not flying by and people can cheer for you for more than a couple seconds.

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 8/14/09 2:59 PM

Doing the Half? You loop through the finish area twice on the run and there's a nice grassy area and picnic tables and food vendors set up right there, so she should be pretty comfy. Also, check out the race website. Last year they organized a bus or a van that took spectators from the race site to the Wall and back.

mdgoalie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 8/14/09 3:11 PM

Yes, I'm doing the half. That'd be great if there's a bus shuttling people from the wall. Thanks for all the advice!

kyleyost's ravatar kyleyost    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 8/18/09 9:36 AM

For the Half-Iron only.
http://www.savagemantri.org/Shuttle.html

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria