Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next Page

Chicago 2014
CREATED: 08/20/13 by JoeC REPLIES: 183
rcole's ravatar rcole    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
RE: Chicago 2014
POSTED: 7/02/14 11:18 AM

I did the sprint. Loved the bike! Swimming in Lake Michigan was fun.

But, a quick mapping of the run course shows 3.4 miles (and while it's not uncommon for a course not to be exact, it would've been nice to know beforehand.)

And, I felt for the Olympic racers when sprint triathletes were on the course trying to get in transition, but NO ONE could tell you where the proper entrance to set up was. I thought by walking all the way to Roosevelt, I could get in a back entrance that avoided Columbus Dr, but ended up crossing the course half a dozen times before finding the tucked away opening.

rcole's ravatar rcole    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 7/02/14 11:21 AM

P.S. Thanks all in the club, with ITU and with USAT for all their hard work - we all know that type of logistics is not easy!!

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1752
POSTED: 7/02/14 1:00 PM

An expected bonus from the location of the bike transport was, tho hard to get to from DC, it exposed many to the Mosaic area, a growing, Shirlington-style "urban village" with lots of attractions in the Virginia suburbs. And thanks to the guys from the Jack Kane company who drove the bikes all the way to the Windy City and back at a discount. And to the mechanics at Freshbikes who helped with the bike pedals.

And Chicago, like ITU San Diego, was a great place to race, and have a mini vacation too, from being such a fun & attractive town. Nice that most had lodgings just blocks from the race & expo, on scenic Grant Park/Lake Michigan.

ksimp2's ravatar ksimp2    JOINED: 9/9/11    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/02/14 2:40 PM

I don't have much more to add that hasn't already been shared. Thanks for everyone that organized club events/getting bikes there and such.

It was my first race wearing a DC Tri kit. It was incredible. I felt so well supported and encouraged.

This was going to be my last race of the season, as I wanted to focus on marathon training (running my first back in Chicago) but after a great weekend, I am regretting this decision. Oh well...there is always next year.

Thanks everyone for a great weekend.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria