Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Hains Point Stop signs.
CREATED: 07/11/11 by rich1422 REPLIES: 5
rich1422's ravatar rich1422    JOINED: 12/5/09    POSTS: 16
Hains Point Stop signs.
POSTED: 7/11/11 1:57 PM

Just a quick heads up to all the club members. On my way out to the training tri yesterday (Sunday) morning, I was pulled over by the Park Police for running a stop sign on my bike ($20 ticket). It is also important to note that it is federal law to carry a government issued ID card whenever using a National Park (another $20 ticket). Beware.

pmart15's ravatar pmart15    JOINED: 12/14/09    POSTS: 127
RE: Hains Point Stop signs.
POSTED: 7/11/11 2:23 PM

Definitely. I saw three bikers pulled over yesterday morning. This was in addition to the group I was riding with getting a stern warning as we approached the stop sign.

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 7/11/11 2:55 PM

Seems like this is a big issue every year for two or three weeks in July, then they go back to not caring. I wonder if it's something they have marked in their calendars. Thanks for the heads up.

pserfass's ravatar pserfass    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 437
POSTED: 7/11/11 10:07 PM

yeah, didn't know that about the ID. will definitely keep an extra eye out for the fun police.

smitha9's ravatar smitha9    JOINED: 1/12/11    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 7/11/11 10:55 PM

I was actually "pulled over" on my bike -- lights and all -- at the stop sign in early June, but got lucky and pedaled away with just a warning.

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 363
POSTED: 7/12/11 8:37 AM

That same lovely park police pulled my friend's car over when we speed up to pass the speed skaters. They were skating at 22mph - and we had to go up to 35mph to saftey overtake them and their pace car (who waved up to go on) in a timely manner. Apparently, the police didn't think that was any reason to speed over the limit of 25 mph. Thankfully he let us off with a lecture and warning before zooming away himself.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria