DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Nation's Tri Club Wave
CREATED: 07/09/14 by kuhnlm REPLIES: 9
kuhnlm's ravatar kuhnlm    JOINED: 6/19/14    POSTS: 9
Nation's Tri Club Wave
POSTED: 7/09/14 12:50 PM

Hey there,

In the newsletter sent out, it mentioned that there was a DC Tri Club wave for Nation's that we could register for by emailing Karen, but I didn't see an email. Can anyone let me know the email address? I would love to not be running in 90 degree heat at noon like last year!

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 270
RE: Nation's Tri Club Wave
POSTED: 7/09/14 1:57 PM

Check the home page - you can link directly to my email from there. It's listed as the first item in the Buzz section.

rdolan's ravatar rdolan    JOINED: 8/8/11    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 7/16/14 12:21 PM

Here's some helpful FAQs for those that might have questions:

Q: How do I sign up for the DC Tri Club wave?
A: There will be an option when you register to select DC Tri Club Wave, where you’d normally select Age Group. This will make you part of the club wave. Don’t forget to also select DC Tri Club as your club later on the registration form.

Q: Am I still competing within my age group if I’m in the DC Tri wave?
A: NO. Those choosing to register as part of the DC Triathlon Club wave will NOT be eligible for Age Group awards, nor will you be able to use The Nation’s Triathlon to qualify for the USA Triathlon Age Group National Championship.

Q: What if I want to race as Elite?
A: You should select Age Group Elite and NOT the DC Tri Club Wave when you register. You CAN select DC Tri Club as your club later in the registration form.

Q: Can we still participate in the Race-within-a-Race Club Challenge?
A: YES. Please do!

Q: How will you know if everyone in the DC Tri Club wave is a member of the club?
A: We will run the list of those registered for the wave against the DC Tri Club’s membership roster one month prior to the race. Those who are not paid in full through the date of the race will not be included in the DC Tri Club wave, and will be instead assigned to their proper Age Group wave.

Q: How many waves will we have?
A: It will depend on how many DC Tri Club racers we have! We will make a determination much closer to the race date and relay any and all of the wave information to participants.

Q: You said we can rack our bikes together? Is that true?
A: Yes, the transition area is laid out by waves in order to best arrange for traffic flow. The DC Tri Club wave bike racks will all be situated near each other. You will still need to rack by your race number, but you should be surrounded by people you know, and near all of your friends!

POSTED: 7/17/14 5:08 PM

Thanks Rachel!

If anyone has any other questions go ahead and post here, I'm following the thread and know almost everything about Nation's. If I don't know the answer I will absolutely make something up.

wildcatshv8's ravatar wildcatshv8    JOINED: 4/23/14    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 7/23/14 7:40 PM

Hi Karen,
I signed up for the Nation's Tri before I joined DC Tri Club and I would like to start in the team wave. I sent an email to the link (I believe) but I wanted to make sure it went through. Would you please check and verify that I am on the list? Thanks!

POSTED: 7/25/14 10:15 AM

I have responded to everyone who has sent in an email.

I can't look you up on the registration list by your DC Tri screen name, and I can't tell who you are. If you didn't hear back, try sending a message to the email that is linked on the home page in the buzz section and I can check!

amprice16's ravatar amprice16    JOINED: 12/4/13    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 8/04/14 10:57 AM

Do we know when wave times will be posted? I'm a competitive age grouper but if my wave doesn't go till 9:30am I may want to switch so I can race earlier and just not worry about qualifying for USAT National Championships at this race.

Thanks!
Allyson

cbalz85    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 8/04/14 1:05 PM

Does distance matter? I remember getting the impression from registration that the DC Tri wave was Olympic only-- I'd love to join the club wave if sprint distance is included.

POSTED: 8/04/14 2:08 PM

Allyson,

The deadline to transfer into the club wave if you hadn't already indicated it in your registration was last week. We have to start finalizing things in order to start assigning waves, bib numbers and begin preparing the registration materials in a timely manner. Sorry about that. It was in the newsletter three times and on the home page for a while as well.

cbalz85,
The DC Tri wave is for the Olympic distance.

-Karen

amprice16's ravatar amprice16    JOINED: 12/4/13    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 8/04/14 3:19 PM

lol, yes I saw the notices but got distracted constantly checking the Nations website hoping that wave times would be posted so I could make an informed decision about which I wanted to do, age group vs dc club wave. didn't realize that you guys had to finalize the DC wave first before figuring out the rest. maybe that should have been my question 2 weeks ago. thanks for help!

Go DC TRI!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria