Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Swim lessons - Stroke work
CREATED: 03/18/09 by kemerson REPLIES: 2
kemerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
Swim lessons - Stroke work
POSTED: 3/18/09 1:57 PM

I am in the NTP program and I am hoping someone here can help recommend a good place to take swim lessons or someone who woudl be interested in helping me. I live in Woodbridge but I work in Rosslyn and could swim after work (6pm) m-f. I can swim laps in a pool but I wear myself out in a few laps becuase my strokes are aweful. Also, I would liekto start as soon as possible. You can post here or email me at kristen.emerson@comcast.net.

nicoleshue's ravatar nicoleshue    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 136
RE: Swim lessons - Stroke work
POSTED: 3/18/09 2:14 PM

The AU swim lessons on Sunday nights are perfect for you.....next session starts April 5th!

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
RE: Swim lessons - Stroke work
POSTED: 3/18/09 2:17 PM

By swim lessons do you mean with an individual coach ? There are a few threads here with swim coach recommendations. Browse through it.

If you are thinking more group atmosphere/classroom-like atmosphere, how about trying the AU swim with CUBU (thread on this message board also) ? The swims there are seperate into people who think that they will drown if there are no walls nearby and folks who are fish. They have some coaches there that I'm sure will be more than willing to look at your stroke and give you recommedations and critque. They do drills during those swims that you can take back to your pool and practice.

Every once in awhile you will see a swim clinic sponsored by Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy (SSPT) that will be posted on this message board. You should go to those. They are usually one day clinics. I've been to one of them and find the instructions to be very informative. A lot more than the AU swim (in my opinion). You can take what they teach you and practice at your own pool. Sara Thrope is usually one of the instructor. She's a world champion open water swimmer back in the days. They have another instructor there (forgot his name) who ain't too bad himself :)

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria