Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Volunteers Needed for Local Cycling Race 7/16
CREATED: 07/11/11 by abbyjs REPLIES: 8
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
Volunteers Needed for Local Cycling Race 7/16
POSTED: 7/11/11 4:29 PM

Got that Tour de France itch and want to see some pros (at least compared to some of us...) in action?? Always wanted to see what that blue and white "Coppi" jersey flying by you on RCP is all about? Well, then you should volunteer!

Squadra Coppi is hosting their annual road race, the Giro di Coppi, on Saturday, July 16th, and they are looking for a few more volunteers. Their team came to help out with the DC Triathlon as road marshals on our behalf, and we should return the favor.

There are two shifts: 8-12 and 12-4pm.

If you are interested, contact Dana Mellerio (Danamellerio at gmail.com) to volunteer.

www.squadracoppi.com

Thanks!!

RE: Volunteers Needed for Local Cycling Race 7/16
POSTED: 7/12/11 7:59 AM

Bump! Squadra Coppi stepped up and volunteered at the DC Triathlon as road marshals (very early in the morning, I should add!)... if you are available this Saturday to help, it would be much much appreciated.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1068
POSTED: 7/12/11 8:12 AM

Abby's right, Coppi did a great job helping out with DC Triathlon. If we can get 4-5 folks to help them out, that would be great (Unfortunately, I'll be at a wedding in Ithaca). I know we ask you all to volunteer a lot but it's always good to help out the other great athletic groups in town.

If you've ever considered doing a bike race, this could be a good way to get up close to see how it all goes down.

Travis

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 7/12/11 9:10 AM

I'm def interested in heading up there to help out. They had a big presence at DC Tri last month, so we really should put in a showing.

Anyone interested in carpooling?

Trevor (dot albert at gmail)

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 7/12/11 9:53 AM

I'm going to try to make it, but have to check with the powers that be first.

POSTED: 7/12/11 10:01 AM

You don't even have to give up a training day! bring your bike! Ride the hills! Ride the course backwards! It will be a great event, and maybe you will be tempted to try your legs at a cycling race. :)

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 7/12/11 1:59 PM

Love the pitch Abby! ;)

The roads out there are amazing. The MoCo group rides out there from time to time. Freshly paved and you'll get your hill repeats in too.

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 7/14/11 1:45 PM

I'm registered as a road marshal for the afternoon. I'm meeting a club member up there to do a morning ride (clip in at 7am) before serving my duty.

Anyone else trying to get in on the action?

Holla.

POSTED: 7/14/11 1:48 PM

Holla! Trevor, that's awesome. I am working the recovery tent for the whole day, or I'd ride with you!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria