Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

NJ State Tri spot
CREATED: 05/07/09 by Mickey REPLIES: 3
Mickey    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
NJ State Tri spot
POSTED: 5/07/09 1:59 PM

Anyone planning on doing the NJ State Tri and not yet registered? I got a spot in the sprint but just recently found out that I can't make it that weekend. I'll plan on doing a tri about a month or two later. Anyone need a sprint spot or know someone who does?

Thanks!

Mickey
mickeydaniel@gmail.com

Mickey    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
RE: NJ State Tri spot
POSTED: 5/07/09 4:21 PM

Just found this out from a fellow Tri Club member...

USAT rules prohibit transferring bibs from one person to another. While you can generally do this in 5ks, 10ks, marathons, etc, they are governed by a different body (US Track and Field). I've been told that the reason for the rule is because of the insurance policy that USAT has. It refuses to cover bib transfers. Understandably, the liability is too great for USAT to shoulder on their own. While I have no way of verifying that this is the reason for the rule, I think it passes the smell test. So, blame the insurance companies, lawyers and those who would try and gain financially from getting hurt.

From the rule book, available at http://triathlon.teamusa.org/content/index/1684:
3.5 Unregistered Participants.
a. Any person who participates in any portion of a sanctioned event without first properly registering and paying any required registration fee shall be suspended or barred from membership in USA Triathlon and barred from participation in any sanctioned event for a period of up to one year.
b. Any person who in any way assists another athlete to violate Section 3.5a by providing or selling a race number to that athlete shall be suspended or barred from membership in USA Triathlon and barred from participation in any sanctioned event for a period of up to one year.

Any second violation of this Section shall result in a lifetime suspension or ban from membership in USA Triathlon.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1059
POSTED: 5/07/09 9:18 PM

What you need to do is contact CGI Racing about not being able to compete. You may get a refund portion of your entry fee back. There is a waiting list for the race because there are always those that cannot compete for various reasons.

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 5/08/09 9:46 AM

Also, tell the Race Director that you're from DC Tri and would love to (legally) transfer your bib to one of your teammates.

Or eat the $$ and welcome to the world of triathlon and over scheduling.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria