Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Biggest Loser skipping straight to Kona
CREATED: 05/07/09 by xena REPLIES: 24
vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: Biggest Loser skipping straight to Kona
POSTED: 5/08/09 8:37 AM

the underlying theme to be so long as the sport grows and gets awareness and motivates others to do it through marketing then its "ok" in most people's book.

that's Cool.

as a side note, our sport got great media coverage last month with that article in the times that said if you do triathlons you'll die of a heart attack during a race.

You shouldnt' be complaining it was good media coverage that gave our sport a bit of a "dangerous angle" to it, should rope in more people that want to do "extreme sports".

hey have to take the good marketing with the bad if you want to support the marketing angle.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 5/08/09 9:02 AM

I can see that. It is hypocracy. It drives us crazy - me too. At first I wanted to cut off my tattoo with a spoon.
But, it's smart marketing. The duality of world championships combined with the lottery, with the use of celebrities, are the variables which keep us all on our toes every year. Kona isn't special, but it is. It's not the world championships, but it is. Celebrities can do it, we can't, except we can, but we have to do the lottery. However they stumbled upon this formula, it's genius. I'm sure they read all these rants and love it. The question that you guys asked is whether this is all going to implode on itself going too crazy. That remains to be seen.

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 5/08/09 10:10 AM

You can't spell Nihilism without IM.

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 5/08/09 11:18 AM

I just want to openly admit that I love the Biggest Loser show! About time they made those contestants suffer through a marathon...and they did alright. Just don't get me started on the entourage they had crossing the finish line...

drewpugh's ravatar drewpugh    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 5/09/09 2:04 PM

Looks like we should add a "Life Isn't Fair" section to the forum. ;-)

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria