Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Private swim instructor needed
CREATED: 02/12/13 by cafinch REPLIES: 1
cafinch    JOINED: 1/14/13    POSTS: 2
Private swim instructor needed
POSTED: 2/12/13 2:53 PM

Hey, I'm training for the Jamestown tri and it's clear need to do private lessons with someone who has good experience teaching adults with water fears to swim. Any recommendations?

behbaykt123    JOINED: 3/16/11    POSTS: 3
RE: Private swim instructor needed
POSTED: 2/13/13 9:18 AM

I teach adult swim lessons through Arlington County at Wakefield pool on Sundays. I'd be willing to help you out if you could make it there on Sunday's. A little background on myself:

I swam competitively from the age of 8 through 17 and swam on my college club team. I was a swim coach for a summer league team for 2 years when I was in college (kids ages 5 - 18). I was a lifeguard and swim lesson instructor over summers for about 4 years. Now, I'm teaching adult swim lessons. It's my favorite leg of the tri :)

You could also think about signing up for a class. I'm not sure where you live, but Arlington County offers Adult beginner (which tailors to adults with fears of swimming), Adult intermediate, adult advanced, and adult lap swim lessons.

-Katie

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria