Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Florida Ironman flights to-from
CREATED: 06/26/09 by singlemalt REPLIES: 1
singlemalt    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 6
Florida Ironman flights to-from
POSTED: 6/26/09 12:44 PM

Does anyone know the latest possible time to check in for an ironman?

http://www.ironmanflorida.com/schedule.php

Could you fly down Friday? I do not want to spend any time there more than I have to spend. If we have to check in Thursday, then that is when we check in, but...

For reference, last year when I volunteered I flew into Pensacola (PNS) on USAir and took a 1.5 hour drive to the race.

The earliest flight could get you there at 0957, so think noon all in as a legit time provided the airline does not a-pound you.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1270
RE: Florida Ironman flights to-from
POSTED: 6/26/09 1:11 PM

According to the website (http://www.ironmanflorida.com/schedule.php), you have until 3:00 PM on Friday to check everything in. If you get there at 10:00 AM, by the time that you get into your rental car with your luggage, it would be 11:00 AM. Add 1.5 hour drive, it would put you at 12:30. You have about 2:30 minutes to put your bike together, pick up your packet, and prepare your goodie bags.

It's doable but one bad car accident on the road with traffic tie ups and you might be screwed. Or, one flight delay and you might also be screwed. Or, one lost bike baggage and your are screwed. Keep in mind that Nov is at the end of hurricane season. Panama City might not be affect by a passing hurricane but one of the flight connecting cities may.

You've trained hard all summer, why not reward yourself with less stress by going there on Thursday ? Why risk the potential of missing the race especially with the money and time that you've invested in trying to do this race ?

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria