Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Challenge [Mid-Atlantic] - June 2014 - Iron Distance!
CREATED: 09/04/13 by merlinkim REPLIES: 3
merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 295
Challenge [Mid-Atlantic] - June 2014 - Iron Distance!
POSTED: 9/04/13 10:23 AM

All - This morning, the Challenge triathlon family announced they will be bringing a new iron-distance race to the "Mid-Atlantic" in June 2014. Exact location to be announced in a few weeks. Robert Vigorito will the the Race Director. (FYI, Vigo is a legend, and ran the Columbia Triathlon for decades until very recently.)

Press release here: http://www.challenge-family.com/challenge-arrives-in-the-usa/

For those who don't know, Challenge is a European-based rival to WTC (which operates the Ironman brand). They have a slew of races in Europe, Aust/NZ, and took over the Ironman Canada course in B.C. this year.

My two cents this is great news - Vigo's co-director is Stephen Del Monte, who runs the races in NJ - my guess is that this will be HQ'ed out of Lewes or Cape May.

For those thinking about jumping into 140.6-distance races, this is great news!

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1769
RE: Challenge [Mid-Atlantic] - June 2014 - Iron Distance!
POSTED: 9/04/13 12:04 PM

Those are the same folks who put on the well-regarded IM Copenhagen, Barcelona, etc, I think. Sounds like a nice move by Vigorito and the sport.

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 92
POSTED: 9/04/13 8:03 PM

Late June, mid-atlantic, iron distance? Really? Assuming it's Atlantic City, weather-wise it will be like IM Texas with more humidity. No thanks.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1769
POSTED: 9/19/13 9:43 AM

Received a pre-registration link for it yesterday, valid til 9 am tomorrow.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria