Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Help! Garmin is dead...
CREATED: 11/22/09 by krafty81 REPLIES: 4
krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
Help! Garmin is dead...
POSTED: 11/22/09 6:06 PM

My Forerunner 305 has gone blank, charging has no effect. It was charging fine last night (showed the normal words on the face), but now it is unresponsive. Race on Thursday - anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1050
RE: Help! Garmin is dead...
POSTED: 11/22/09 7:51 PM

I thought this happened to me once but I think the battery was just so dead that it needed to charge for a while before showing any for of life. Leave it on the charger and see if it eventually comes back to life.

If not, you may be turkey-trotting sans Garmin.

If it doesn't work, contact Garmin directly. In my experience, their customer service has been absolutely amazing. In fact, I just emailed them letting them know that an accessory wasn't working and they shipped a new one to me, no questions asked, and it was in my mailbox 48 hours later.

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 11/22/09 9:08 PM

I had a problem with Garmin not charging once. Try cleaning the electrodes on the back of the unit (the spots that come into contact with the charger). This area can get gunked up from our sweat and stuff, so you might not be getting good contact with the charger. I remember reading something about using an eraser (like on the back of a pencil) to clean off the contacts. It worked for me - hope it helps you. Good luck!

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 11/22/09 9:32 PM

sandyc - Great suggestion! I'm on the road, so I used a little toothpaste and a paper towel - looks like it is charging again...thanks!

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 11/23/09 11:00 AM

There's a reset protocol for the 305 - press the lap/reset button at the same time as the start/stop button. Then hit the power button and it should turn on.

If it keeps happening you probably have to download the latest version of software through the Garmin website.

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/984_OwnersManual.pdf

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria