DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

FS: CycleOps Fluid2 Trainer - THIS THING IS A CURSE
CREATED: 03/29/13 by aaronjw12 REPLIES: 1
aaronjw12    JOINED: 11/29/12    POSTS: 17
SOLD: CycleOps2 Trainer - THIS THING IS A CURSE
POSTED: 3/29/13 8:02 AM

Sold sold sold sold!

This trainer is WAY too hardcore for me. I need it GONE like YESTERDAY. I used to be a pretty poor cyclist - meandering around Hains Point, getting passed like it was my job by people on CAPITAL BIKESHARE BIKES. Despite my best efforts. Embarrassing.

Decided to step up my game and show those CaBi riders who's boss. Shopped around for an indoor trainer. Gotta be a fluid trainer, mimic that road feel, ya know? Came down to the Kurt Kinetic and CycleOps Fluid2. Liked the road feel of the CycleOps better and didn't want to have to buy a bigger flywheel (like the KK requires for max awesomeness) and didn't have time to spend five minutes screwing in the KK's retaining bolt every time I wanted to ride (the CycleOps you set ONCE then it takes seconds to get your bike on the trainer with the lever).

So I start using the CycleOps over the winter and essentially go from zero to hero within months. It's scary how big my quads have become. (Some Cancellara guy called for advice on how to get larger quads and wanted to buy the trainer, but I was like sorry dude local sales only). Anyways, the CaBi riders fear me now. I pass them like they were standing still. But the thrill of the chase is gone. There's something missing. I can't help but feel the sting of regret for what once was.

So I have to get rid of this thing. That's where you come in.

Here's the plan:

You give me $225 and I give you the CycleOps Fluid2 Trainer (with its original box!). That's it. I'll even include the RaceDay training DVD that came with it. There appears to be a small cat toy in the picture. You can take that too (that cat's always getting up in my business). The trainer has a winter season's worth of work on it. There is nothing wrong with it at all. Amazing trainer. I just had to scale down to one of those newfangled Wahoo KICKRs. Only buy this if you want to step up your game to the next level though.

I've attached a couple pics:

http://i.imgur.com/Ew3F21Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aVmPDLl.jpg

sgriswold    JOINED: 1/14/13    POSTS: 4
RE: FS: CycleOps Fluid2 Trainer - THIS THING IS A CURSE
POSTED: 3/29/13 10:49 AM

I am interested! (I def need to step up my game.) Just the trainer or does it come with the front wheel block and the mat as well?

Shoot me an email: shannonlgriswold at gmail dot com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria