Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Savage Oly - roadie or TT?
CREATED: 09/09/13 by rah2774 REPLIES: 4
rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 250
Savage Oly - roadie or TT?
POSTED: 9/09/13 10:11 AM

I've ridden in Deep Creek and, for the most part, think a road bike is more appropriate - but the Oly course isn't as brutal (if memory serves - it reminded me of Columbia).

Your thoughts on which bike to ride. I have the same gearing on both, the only consideration is the safety of descents on a TT.

thanks.

becky

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1069
RE: Savage Oly - roadie or TT?
POSTED: 9/09/13 1:16 PM

I'm riding TT for both events this weekend and think it's definitely the right bike on the Oly. I've only ridden that bike course once but it's TT friendly.

-Travis

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 463
POSTED: 9/09/13 2:19 PM

I road my TT bike last year for the full Savageman. It climbed fine and made it up the Wall, but I lost time on the descents. I believe that I would have been faster on my road bike. In fact if my memory serves me correctly, I remember Travis humming by me on his road bike on one of the early descents!

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1069
POSTED: 9/09/13 2:23 PM

Kevin, with our weight disparity, I could have screamed past you on a descent riding a tricycle ;-)

-Travis

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 250
POSTED: 9/09/13 2:38 PM

ha ha... I think I have you both in that department. :-)

thanks, Travis. When I road the Oly course in the spring I was on a road bike and had a lot of fun. I feel like a TT on that course would be okay but I thought I'd check in since it's been a while and I've only ridden the course once.

When I hit speeds of 40+ I'm not so comfortable with my breaks being so far away if the course is technical or the road conditions are bad. Although, I don't recall any screamer descents on the Oly course.

I can't believe you're doing both... that's nuts. :-) See you out there.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria