Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Year's Day Ride
CREATED: 12/24/12 by coachlane REPLIES: 2
coachlane    JOINED: 10/1/11    POSTS: 36
New Year's Day Ride
POSTED: 12/24/12 8:38 PM

Katie Tobin and I are planning a New Year's day ride to kick off NCC bike month. We are thinking of riding loops on the Smallwood course, starting at 10 AM and going until we get tired (probably around 2-3 PM)
Anyone else want to start off bike month with us?

Cue Sheet/ Map for the course can be found at :
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=413363

We will meet up in the parking lot of the Smallwood park - address for the park is 2750 Sweden Point Road, Marbury MD 20658, Pavilion #3.
It is a MD state park, so there will be an entrance fee of $3 for MD residents, $5 for out-of-staters.

Hope to see you there!
Elliott Lane

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1784
RE: New Year's Day Ride
POSTED: 12/25/12 10:36 AM

The Smallwood area can get very hot, so be sure to take plenty of liquids. :)

I'll likely see you there or go to Hains for loops, weather permitting, 10 am - 1 pm, thanks.

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 373
RE: New Year's Day Ride
POSTED: 12/25/12 10:34 PM

That's some good advice Ed... altho it's 6 months too late for me! Smallwood shouldn't be too hot this time of year... right now, you should be more concerned with hypothermia on the bike than heatstroke on the run. Then again, I can't really remember the last time I left Smallwood... always better to be safe than sorry!

BTW, doesn't DC Triclub usually do a Hains Point Century (33 1/3 loops or something like that) on New Years Day?

-Luke (aka: 106.7!)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria