DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Back Pain Recs?
CREATED: 01/21/14 by Pete REPLIES: 4
Pete    JOINED: 1/19/14    POSTS: 1
Back Pain Recs?
POSTED: 1/21/14 2:11 PM

Hey y'all:

Any recommendations for home gym stretches/exercises to strengthen core and reduce back pain? Cheers.

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
RE: Back Pain Recs?
POSTED: 1/21/14 5:43 PM

Hey there!

Sounds like you might need an evaluation by a doc and/or physical therapist. I certainly wouldn't want to advise you to do something that could cause you more problems!

One of our very own members--Holli Finneren--is a fantastic PT who understands athletes. Once you've seen the doc, you should pay her a visit.

Abby

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
POSTED: 1/21/14 7:09 PM

Or Sports & Spinal PT on K St in DC

jberlow's ravatar jberlow    JOINED: 4/16/12    POSTS: 40
POSTED: 1/22/14 3:53 PM

Hey Pete,

I've had some serious back pain issues this year and I can tell you don't screw with it. The back is really complicated. A number of issues can be going on with it. It can be muscular or it can be a disc. I would recommend you get it checked by a doctor. I have a great doctor in Rockville that was reccomended to me by other club members. And I second Abby, Holli is the PT I use. You have to get an assesment so the PT knows what kind of stretches you need.

Regarding Sports and Spinal, they seem really good. I've talked with Robert Gillanders a few times. They do offer a free assesment, so you can go and they can help you figure out what's up. The only problem is they don't accept any insurance directly. So you have to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed. It can be pricey depending on how much you go.

if you have more questions, drop me an email at jberlow@gmail.com. I've learned a lot of stuff about the back this year.

-Jason

mmerson's ravatar mmerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 57
POSTED: 1/23/14 12:08 AM

Im in Arlington. Have only great things to say about Commonwealth Orthopedics and Capitol Rehab for PT.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria