Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Club gear order?
CREATED: 11/23/09 by dixonm REPLIES: 28
dixonm's ravatar dixonm    JOINED: 7/1/09    POSTS: 73
Club gear order?
POSTED: 11/23/09 11:43 AM

Does anybody know if the club gear will be distributed at the annual meeting, as planned, or will this be postponed?

Thanks!

Matt

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 262
RE: Club gear order?
POSTED: 11/23/09 4:13 PM

CS:
YES - the clothing order will be here in time for delivery at the annual meeting. The accessories order (gloves, leg warmers, etc.) is still open.

Sugoi:
It would be awesome if it was delivered to me in time, but who knows. Since our order had to be delayed a bit to make the minimums, it will be a very close call.

Hincapie:
Order is still open! (So that's a no.)

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 11/23/09 7:23 PM

On the gear note: Are the Hincapie shorts available as women's bib shorts? I need to replace the ones the bear got (dang, bear!).

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 11/24/09 8:24 AM

I can picture Yogi running around Deep Creek with your bike shorts right now.

POSTED: 11/24/09 9:32 AM

While I love that as an excuse to get out of a bike ride (the bear ate my shorts!), Hincapie is not willing to let us combine regular shorts with bib shorts to create an order. I've already asked.

As of last count, we only had orders for 4 pair of shorts, so it's possible we won't be placing a Hincapie shorts order at all. I'm going to take stock in the next couple of days. I'll post an update.

If there is a greater demand for bib shorts than regular shorts, let me know and I'll change the order to bib shorts. Let me know, people! Either post here or email to gear (at) dctriclub.org

Happy to change it if the demand is there.

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 11/24/09 1:03 PM

Kinda feel dumb asking this, but this gear order is the old stuff, right? Does anyone know when we will be putting our first order in with the new vendor? They had some shiny stuff.

POSTED: 11/24/09 1:15 PM

I'm great at coming up with reasons not to ride!

If you get enough interest to switch to bib shorts, I'd get two pair. I don't really want regular shorts though - I'll just get bib shorts elsewhere.

POSTED: 11/24/09 1:51 PM

I love the "does anyone know" questions.

The info on Champion Systems is here. It used to be linked from the homepage, but it got bumped. I'll ask for it to be linked from somewhere obvious so people can find it.

http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Learn.Buzz&id=374

I now have verbal/electronic commitments for 3 orders of bib shorts. 7 to go and I'll set up the paypal page so folks can order them.

POSTED: 11/24/09 2:43 PM

I thought we were ordering bib shorts (that's what I tried on at Conte's)...if it isn't too late, can I switch my order from regular shorts (assuming that's what I ordered) to bib?

Thanks,

Matt Dixon

Hincapie: Bibs vs regular shorts
POSTED: 11/24/09 3:23 PM

Matt - consider yourself switched.

When the samples were in the stores, I put a note up on the gear FAQ page saying that the bib shorts were all that was available for try on, but that the order was going to be regular shorts. I didn't know bib shorts were more popular, but they appear to be!

Up to 4 bib short orders.

Down to 3 regular short orders.

We can't order until we have 10 of a type. I am holding the jersey order until we figure out the shorts.

POSTED: 11/24/09 10:08 PM

If you have a little porky belly like me, bib shorts are much more comfortable.

Disclaimer: I do not mean to suggest anyone other than myself has a porky belly. The tall, skinny, climber I'm married to prefers them also and he definitely does not have a porky belly.

Hincapie shorts vs bibs
POSTED: 11/25/09 10:05 AM

Offline voting for the bibs is continuing.

I'm up to 7, possibly 8.

Still need 2 more.

POSTED: 11/25/09 12:04 PM

This might be a silly question, but does Hincapie make women's specific bibs? Or is this order specifically for men's bibs?

I ask because its so darn hard to find women's bibs...

POSTED: 11/25/09 1:33 PM

Sweet! Thanks Karen (yes, women's specific cut is available).

My household is in for 2...that should put us at the 10 pair minimum, right?

POSTED: 11/25/09 1:55 PM

I'm an idiot--you're right, I now remember that note that there would be only bib shorts to try on at Conte's. All's well that ends well, though...hopefully, I will now be able to get the bibs.

Btw, silly question, but did we hit the minimum for Hincapie jerseys? I odered one of those too.

Just curious, but wonder if anybody else found the sizing kind of funky? I found that I was a medium in the Hincapie bibs but a large in the SS jersey. Oddly enough, i have a kit from Hammer that I ordered just for training and went with medium top and large shorts. Go figure.

POSTED: 11/25/09 2:09 PM

Hello Gear Fans,
Hope this post answers some questions, if not, keep them coming!

1. women's cut in the bibs - yes!
2. we have unofficially - through offline and online committments - reached 10 bib shorts.
3. before i put the bibs up in the shop, i'm waiting to hear back from hincapie on the PRICE. i thought it was the same as the shorts, but travis recalled that it was slightly higher. so, either he and i are going to duke it out, (probably not wise, with his big race a few days away) or i'll just wait to get an email back from hincapie. :)
4. matt, no worries on switching you to the bib order. if there's a price difference, you can either write a check or we can do a paypal bill.
5. the jerseys are ready to go (and still open for orders), but i'm waiting on the shorts so i only have to put the order in once. it's a whole long process.
6. no idea on the sizing - sorry.

Let me know of other questions!

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 11/25/09 6:10 PM

Kim,

I know I won't be able to wear it until the end of next year, but throw me down for a DC Tri Bib shorts. Gotta get my DC Tri colors going when I am on the bike. Since I ride so slow..... Gotta look good.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 11/25/09 7:34 PM

nevermind

Bib Shorts for Sale in Gear Shop
POSTED: 12/05/09 3:08 PM

Hi all,
The elusive Hinapie Bib Shorts are now for sale in the Gear Shop. They are $54. Remember, it's our last order with Hincapie, so if you really like these particular shorts, get 2.

Planning to shut the order next weekend so I can submit it to Hincapie on Monday. If we aren't at 10 by next weekend, I'll just shut it down as soon as we get to 10. So...order them now if you want them!

Once the order goes off, it's about a 4-6 week turnaround time, so we'll see them at some point in early 2010.

POSTED: 12/05/09 9:17 PM

Wow! That's a great price for bib shorts, especially of Hincapie quality. I'm placing my order right now.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria