DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Club gear order?
CREATED: 11/23/09 by dixonm REPLIES: 28
kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 265
RE: Club gear order?
POSTED: 12/08/09 4:23 PM

Notice to Hincapie Bib Shorts fans:

Miraculously, the order numbers for regular bike shorts are going up, but we only have 4 orders for bib shorts. Please double check your receipts to make sure you ordered the right thing...if you did not, email gear at dctriclub dot org and we'll straighten it out. No fair complaining about it later.

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 12/09/09 12:39 PM

Being new, I haven't bought club gear before. Since the samples aren't in the stores anymore to try on, is there a sizing chart?

Pete

POSTED: 12/09/09 2:07 PM

I don't have a sizing chart on me, but what I would do is google Hincapie Sizing Chart and see if that might get you what you need.

Citizen-Josh's ravatar Citizen-Josh    JOINED: 5/12/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 1/18/10 12:31 PM

Anyone know about when Conte's is going to get the samples in for this year's club gear purchase?

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 159
POSTED: 1/18/10 4:52 PM

And any word on when we can pick up our order? I want to be able to put that long sleeve jersey to good use.

POSTED: 1/18/10 5:03 PM

I just posted this:

http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=437309F7-A3A9-736C-7B8716CDC49C01FB

Which links here:

http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Learn.Buzz&id=374

and answers all the gear related questions.

Here's the cliff notes version to the 2 questions above. WHERE'S MY GEAR?
Hinapie finally confirmed receipt of our order on January 14th. They gave us an expected delivery date of March 10th. These are two of the reasons we will not be ordering from this company in the future. Expect distribution information to be posted to the forum in March.

WHERE WILL THE SAMPLES BE, AND WHEN?
For 1 week in Late Jan, Gear is available to try on for sizing at CONTE’S OF ARLINGTON*
For 1 week in Late Jan/Early Feb, Gear is available to try on for sizing at CONTE’S OF BETHESDA*
Mid to late February: Gear order will be placed.

* Specific dates are TBD - we are next in line for the gear samples as of January 18th, so we'll get them very soon.

shamu93    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 2/13/10 11:07 PM

Any updates on when the gear will be available for try on? I was looking late Jan-early Feb, and didn't see anything. I'm guessing the snow may have caused some delays.

zubronie's ravatar zubronie    JOINED: 9/21/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 2/15/10 9:14 AM

Dumb questions probably, but I am going to use my NTP status as a defense:

1) Do most DC Tri club members don some sort of DC Tri gear for races (i.e. what's the "entry level" for this gear: a hat? A bib?)?

2) How do "bib shorts" differ from regular racing shorts?

3) Re: the biking shorts. After learning some great information from Jodi at Contes Bethesda about the importance of cycling shorts, are the DC Tri Club shorts up to the protective / comfort needs our nether-regions deserve?

Again, sorry if these are dumb questions. I still have nightmares about showing up to high school wearing pleated pants, not knowing they were no longer in style...

-Dan

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1293
POSTED: 2/15/10 11:51 AM

There is nothing wrong with pleated pants. You were just ahead of your time. Great revolutionaries are always mocked for their ideas :)

1) Do most DC Tri club members don some sort of DC Tri gear for races (i.e. what's the "entry level" for this gear: a hat? A bib?)?
>>> Most show up at races with DCTri gear on. I don't have any DCTri gear other than the ones that they gave me for free. Most people who do wear DCTri gear either wear the tri top or bike jersey. A few will also wear bike shorts/tri shorts with their tops.

2) How do "bib shorts" differ from regular racing shorts?
>>> Bib shorts look like regular bike shorts but with straps that look like suspenders and a back panel. The theory behind it is that it adds an extra layer of compression to redistribute muscle fatigues around the body. The back panel is also designed to wick away sweat but I'm not sure how effective that really is on a hot day. It's usually the bike roadies who wear them since roadies tend to log in more miles than triathletes. That's not to say that triathletes don't wear these. I would say that the vast majority of triathletes don't train or race in bib shorts. If you are planning to put in a lot of long rides (3-6+ hours) then the bib shorts might be worth the investment. For shorter distances like 30 miles or less, I think that they are a waste of money.

3) Re: the biking shorts. After learning some great information from Jodi at Contes Bethesda about the importance of cycling shorts, are the DC Tri Club shorts up to the protective / comfort needs our nether-regions deserve?
>>> The DCTri Club shorts are not of the K-mart variety. Comfort and protection are personal things. Some will swear by them while others won't. There are plenty of people in the club who have done Ironman races in the tri or bike shorts with DCTri logos on them.

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria