Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DCTriClub Water Stop @ the DC Triathlon
CREATED: 06/10/10 by bcfrank REPLIES: 12
bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 955
DCTriClub Water Stop @ the DC Triathlon
POSTED: 6/10/10 11:02 AM

As was mentioned in the club newsletter, the DCTriClub is "hosting" an aid station at the DC Triathlon on Sunday June 20th. This is the NTP goal race, so all or most of our 2010 NTP class of nearly 150 new triathletes will be out there competing in their first triathlon. In addition, a lot of the veteran club members will be out there racing in our new local triathlon. So please, come out and support them.

If you are interested in volunteering to help out at the club aid station, either post here or send me an email (if you haven't already) at bcfrank1 at gmail dot com.

If you post here, please include an email address because I will pass along updates and information through direct email. We will have t-shirts for you and all the free water and Powerade that you can drink while volunteering. :)

Bryan

Also, if you have more spare time to help out, the DC Triathlon still needs volunteers on Friday and Saturday (June 18th and 19th) for packet pickup. If you have time to help out, sign up here.

.... and we thank you for your support. (that ad line was probably before the time of half the people in the club.... wow, I'm old)

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 295
RE: DCTriClub Water Stop @ the DC Triathlon
POSTED: 6/10/10 11:10 AM

We're having wine coolers at the water stop too?

POSTED: 6/10/10 2:49 PM

For the volunteers only. :)

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 524
POSTED: 6/10/10 8:12 PM

So it's vodka instead, for those of us racing that day?

POSTED: 6/14/10 4:30 PM

Bumping this up. We still need a few more volunteers to help out. So please help out, if you can!

Bryan

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 6/14/10 7:08 PM

Ok Bryan, I'm feeling inspired from the help I got this weekend on the Eagleman course and your very sweet support during and after, so I'll volunteer for the water stop.

Carolina

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 492
POSTED: 6/14/10 8:44 PM

I'm with Carolina. As a big THANK YOU to the DC tri folks at Eagleman, count me in.

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 6/14/10 9:24 PM

i can offer up my boyfriend as a volunteer.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1296
POSTED: 6/15/10 9:29 AM

Ashley, I noticed that you have come to the conclusion that that the DC Triathlon is worthy of your boyfriend's volunteer services but PeasantMant is not. Why do you hate Vietnamese people so much? ... I'm just saying.

Tuan

POSTED: 6/15/10 9:39 AM

Tuan, maybe she's worried about you kidnapping her boyfriend and selling into the trade back in Vietnam. ;) j/k

Carolina, Alejandro, and Ashley (well, Ashley's boyfriend), I got you down for helping out. I'll email you directly with details.

Bryan

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 6/15/10 10:25 AM

Now Tuan, stop overtaking every thread with your PeasantMan prattle. However, since we're on the topic, sign him up!

KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
POSTED: 6/15/10 10:51 AM

How do you know we're dc tri if we didn't get the branded gear? I'm planning to throw on my cotton t-shirt for the run despite how much I don't like running in cotton t's just to have the encouragement of the other members when I'm dying on the final stretch of the race (my first tri and not completely ready so will need cheering). :)

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 6/15/10 11:09 AM

Definitely a posting in support of DC Tri body art! Ok - not permanent body art.

Thanks to the volunteers - I will definitely need you!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria