Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ironman Florida
CREATED: 03/20/09 by trithis73 REPLIES: 5
trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
Ironman Florida
POSTED: 3/20/09 10:10 AM

Is there wnyone heading to Ironman Florida this year that would like a room mate. I was supposed to go with Angie and the baby, but we have decided to rethink that idea. If so email me at trithis73@me.com

Z

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1334
RE: Ironman Florida
POSTED: 3/20/09 10:30 AM

I'm going to hijack this thread because it has such a cool title :) Where are you staying Z ? I'd room with you but I'm not sure if I'm going alone or with a big posse.

There was a thread on the old web page concerning Ironman hotel recommendations close to the start/finish line. Since THE MAN won't allow us access to the old archieve, can some of you folks repost recommendations ? I'd rather not have to get into a car and drive afterward. Actually, I'd rather have a bed and a shower right next to the finish line but I don't think that will be possible :)

Thanks
Tuan

POSTED: 3/20/09 10:41 AM

Tuan,

Goto the website. The room are at the Boadwalk, right at the finishline. They are about 169 a night, and room 4. If you posse is all triathletes, I am cool with that. Let me know.

Z

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1334
POSTED: 3/20/09 10:54 AM

Z,

My posse are all fresh-off-the boat Vietnamese. It's best that they steer clear from the rest of society and society steer clear of them. You don't want to wake up in the middle of the night with a head of a chicken next to your pillow.

I'll check out the Boardwalk. I think that that was what was recommended before also but like I said, THE MAN won't allow us access to all of the older informative posts :)

Again, thanks for the info.
Tuan

POSTED: 3/20/09 11:02 AM

Tuan,

Yeah that doesn't sound to good. Unless it is KFC extra crispy....lol. I tell you THE MAN is repressing our ability to tap into our past knowledge base.

Tamara's ravatar Tamara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 3/20/09 1:09 PM

We stayed in a 3-BR condo at the Grandview on the Beach last year. It was about 1/2 to 3/4mile walk down to the start/finish. Perfect distance to be close, but not right in the midst of all the noise. The condo we were in was beautiful, so I'd highly recommend it as an option

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria