Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Registering for NJ State Tri
CREATED: 03/20/09 by jmgordon REPLIES: 18
jmgordon    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 9
Registering for NJ State Tri
POSTED: 3/20/09 11:56 AM

Has anyone registered for the NJ State Tri yet? Do we need to create our own individual EZE ID Profile or does DC Tri have an EZE Account already set up, and do we just follow the 'add additional athletes' link?

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
RE: Registering for NJ State Tri
POSTED: 3/20/09 1:23 PM

I believe that you will need to set up your own EZE account (at least that's what we all did last year).

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 953
POSTED: 3/23/09 1:35 PM

It looks like the NJ State Tri Olympic is completely sold out. The Sprint is 95% full. So it looks like we'll be relying on the reserved DC Tri Club spots to get most people in. :/

scurryandwhirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 3/23/09 1:51 PM

How many reserved spots are there? And how will they be distributed? I wanted to sign up for the Oly but seems I was too late !

bobf's ravatar bobf    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 3/23/09 2:01 PM

I just registered for the olympic and didn't have a problem. Not sure if I'm missing something, but I did get a confrimation from EZE that the purchase went through at 1:55 today.

POSTED: 3/23/09 2:12 PM

You must have just made it in because right now the only registration option is the Sprint. argh

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 953
POSTED: 3/23/09 2:13 PM

I had an email from CGI Racing an hour or so ago saying the Olympic was sold out and the Sprint was 95% full. It's possible that they're just anticipating it filling up very soon and published the email saying that it was full already even though are a few spots left.

As for DC Tri spots that are reserved, I believe there are 200 or so spots reserved and that is MORE than enough to cover all the 2009 NTP class, so there is no need to worry about how they will be distributed. I didn't mean to start a panic, just wanted to put the information out there.

POSTED: 3/23/09 2:32 PM

okay that's good to know! but do you know when we'll be allowed to sign up? somehow it just doesn't seem official until i get a confirmation that i'm definitely in.

ksdecker44    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 3/23/09 9:26 PM

Just went on to sign up for the Olympic race in the NJ State Tri and it is sold out :( ...definitely want to do Olympic...do we have spots reserved for that? If not...I'll do the sprint but how do we get a reserved spot with the DC tri club??

candrews's ravatar candrews    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 3/24/09 8:57 AM

Yes - could somebody with DC Tri email us some info about if these spots are actually reserved and if we'll still be able to do Olympic?

jennlee    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 3/24/09 11:41 AM

Hello everyone,

I am in the same boat. Would love to register for the Olympic, what is the best way to reserve a spot through the club?

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1061
POSTED: 3/24/09 12:51 PM

Sorry folks, I didn't have internet for the last few days and just saw that there's some confusion out there.

We DO have spots reserved for NTP at NJ State Triathlon. I'm going to post information on the NTP page this week regarding how to sign up now that the registration link is closed.

I'm trading emails with CGI right now to work it out so don't worry, you all still have space waiting for you in New Jersey!

_travis

mark    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 3/25/09 8:42 AM

hi travis
will any of these spots be available to the rest of the club? my fiancee, who was a NTP last year, is trying to figure out if she should register for the sprint or if dctri will have any olympics for non-NTPers

thanks

susannah's ravatar susannah    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 4/06/09 9:20 PM

Do we need to be in NTP to qualify for the spots that DC Tri reserved for NJ State Olympic Distance? I am clearly a little late to the party here, but let me know!

clouise    JOINED: 3/15/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 4/06/09 10:07 PM

Okay i missed the registration as well. can anyone recommend a nice first time olympic length tri?

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1048
POSTED: 4/07/09 2:05 PM

CGI Racing also puts on the Northeast Triathlon in August. The bike course it hilly, but it's a close drive to DC. I would also recommend the Colonial Beach Triathlon on July 12th. The swim is a 1k, but the rest is an OLY distance. One thing is that it's the same day as our training triathlon.

susannah's ravatar susannah    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 4/08/09 1:02 AM

Excellent, thanks! I just signed up for the Northeast Tri.

clouise    JOINED: 3/15/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 4/08/09 2:11 AM

.... hilly? I am a bit of a rookie on my bike and have yet to master climbing hills out of the of the saddle, or my gears for that matter. (Its sooo much easier in spin class) Perhaps I will just sign up anyways. I feel all anxious having missed the NJ tri

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 4/08/09 11:23 AM

I love would to sign uo for the NJ tri as well!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria