Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Total 200 Training?
CREATED: 10/05/09 by kkaufer REPLIES: 2
kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 125
Total 200 Training?
POSTED: 10/05/09 10:54 AM

I've been intrigued by the Total 200 for a few years now, but always too scared to pull the trigger. My question for the alumni is how do you train for this? I've never ridden more than 110 miles in a single day and have no clue how to build to 200 and how much time I should allow to prep specifically for this. I'd appreciate any advice and do's/don'ts. Thanks much. (Yes, I know it's early to be thinking about 2010, but I start training for the national marathon next month which means it's technically December for me right now...)

garydean's ravatar garydean    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
RE: Total 200 Training?
POSTED: 10/05/09 1:57 PM

There is a local group of randonneurs, DC Randonneurs (http://www.dcrand.org/dcr/) that has (usually) monthly organized rides of at least 200K and up to 600K Every weekend, usually both Sat and Sun, there is a training ride of ~100 miles. All rides have unsurpassed cue sheets and often maps. C'mon out.

Gary

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
RE: Total 200 Training?
POSTED: 10/05/09 2:32 PM

This was my first year doing Total 200 and I would say if you can consistently do century rides the weeks leading up to it you are more then prepared. It is not that much harder then a century. It is super flat, fast, done in a pace line and has a number of breaks. Before that ride my longest ride had been 112 and that was the previous year.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria