DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

lake placid 2014 housing
CREATED: 07/31/13 by rah2774 REPLIES: 1
rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 250
lake placid 2014 housing
POSTED: 7/31/13 6:55 PM

hi...
I am racing next year and rented a house for Wed 7/23-Wed 7/30.

The house sleeps 8-10ish and I'm looking for folks to share with. The location is great - walking distance to the race and a grocery store (on Hillcrest, the same street most of the DC folks stayed this past weekend).

House has 4 BR (2 rooms with Q and 2 rooms with 2 double beds), 3 bathrooms, washer/dryer, kitchen, and hot tub. See my next post for updated pricing info. I am asking for a full full week commitment for the beds.

There are also 2 couches that look big enough for people to sleep in and I suspect floor space for an air mattress. If you think you may come to train, a daily rate for the couches and air mattress space can be worked out.

Let me know. I made the deposit and will need a portion from you upon your commitment. The remainder will be due in two payments over the course of the next year.

-becky
rah.2774@gmail.com

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 250
RE: lake placid 2014 housing
POSTED: 9/13/13 9:25 PM

Hi,
Now that I've had a chance to come up for air (the last month and a half is a big blur...), I've taken some time reworking the numbers on the house in a way that I think is a bit more equitable given the layout. The above details are, of course, still true:

4 bedrooms (2 w queens, 2 w 2 doubles)
3 bathrooms
outdoor patio with grill
hot tub
washer/dryer
short walk to transition and race expo, etc.

I just reworked the pricing rather than simply splitting 8 ways, of course I'm open to suggestions but I think this math makes sense:

Q rooms will run 1575 for the week (breaks down to 225/night; 112.50 per person if double occupancy).
D rooms will run 1850 for the week (breaks down to 264 per night - 132 per person if double occupancy).

-- folks who want to come for a few days to train, volunteer, or whatever can rent couch space or air mattress space for 75 or 50 per night, respectively. Due upon "reservation" of the space.

If you need a place to stay drop me a note and I'll get you the vrbo link so you can look at the house. I will need a deposit immediately as I already paid when I booked. The next installment is due to the agency Nov. 1 and the balance will be due April 1.

thanks.
becky
rah.2774@gmail.com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria