DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Age Group HH
CREATED: 03/03/10 by mspector87 REPLIES: 29
mspector87's ravatar mspector87    JOINED: 1/15/10    POSTS: 16
Age Group HH
POSTED: 3/03/10 5:18 PM

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if the younger NTPers that are in the age range of 21-28 would want to do a run followed by Brunch on Sunday? Please let me know.

Cheers,

Max

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 159
RE: Age Group HH
POSTED: 3/03/10 5:36 PM

Tough luck if you are 29...

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 3/03/10 6:33 PM

agreed

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 3/03/10 6:41 PM

Man.... I was in that age bracket about 8+ years ago. Guess that doesn't count

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 3/03/10 7:33 PM

I never really felt like an "old" member until I read this. And realized that I didn't qualify...even with my adopted age!

larryb's ravatar larryb    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 3/04/10 8:43 AM

Lol way to knock the old-timers Max. How about you schedule it by fastest mile time (run) . . . . anyone under the 5:30 1 mile come out to HH. 5:31 need not apply.

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 490
POSTED: 3/04/10 8:50 AM

Sounds like age discrimination to me as per the club's Code of Ethics. (insert sarcastic tone of voice)

OK, I admit it, I'm bitter. I want to be 28 again.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
POSTED: 3/04/10 8:52 AM

I think that is a perfect example of the problem with our country today ... parents keep allowing their kids to be on the internet unsupervised :)

hmooney    JOINED: 9/30/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 3/04/10 11:34 AM

I was thinking that maybe there should be a HH for "real" know how to party partiers and a group that knows not to offend 95% of the club would like to have a HH. Sorry kiddies if warm milk and bedtime stories prevents you from attending. JK

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 345
POSTED: 3/04/10 1:46 PM

I'd be up for a run on Sunday, maybe we can do it at Haines Pt for the people who don't have bikes yet (like me) and then do brunch, or just show up at the Vasa event and try to snag some blueberry soup :)

...we can even invite the old people :)

And here's the link to the NTP 2010 google group

http://groups.google.com/group/dc-tri-club-ntp-2010

mspector87's ravatar mspector87    JOINED: 1/15/10    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 3/04/10 2:52 PM

Hear Ye HEAR YE,

First off, I only meant to see who in the NTP was within that age group, but by doing so I rattled the cage of the retirement home. YOU ARE ALL YOUNG AT HEART! That being said, talk is cheap and the only way to settle this would be to put your money where your mouth is. ZING

Second, I'm really glad this has been the most entertaining back and forth posting I've had at work.

Third, is anyone going to the DC HH tonight so I can school you in knowledge, or you can drop some very OLD and WISE TRI knowledge on my budding self. my number is 847-644-2611

Fourth, someone should introduce a top 10 list.

LAST, Hmoony I'd like to see how you're a "party partier." CHALLANGE (and suggestion for HH that INCLUDES EVERYONE) karaoke. Loser has to (insert wager here)

Cheers all

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 192
POSTED: 3/04/10 3:03 PM

my goodness I spend some time at work today actually working and by the time i log in, look at all this!

amusing.

and another point: Simon must also be really working today because I would expect a follow up post from him... Simon, where are you???

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 3/04/10 3:48 PM

Working

POSTED: 3/04/10 3:59 PM

Just an FYI . . . I am hosting a 100% pure blooded Mohican HH next week. Navajo's welcome but you Cherokees better stay out.
McFadden's on Tuesday @ 6.

POSTED: 3/04/10 3:59 PM

hahaha Oh no young man. In this case I'm not as slow as I look. The only challenge would be getting my dumb butt up and actually singing...ain't gonna happen. I will agree to laugh at everyone else however.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 3/04/10 4:02 PM

Officially, there is nothing that I can recall from our bylaws preventing age-based gatherings.
As our participation in the championships shows, we need more young club members, particularly males. Therefore there is no reason to discourage the youth of our club to get together (like the Olympics say - the youth blah blah - anyone remember that?). The end result we are looking for, IMO, is winning the Mid-Atlantic and National Championships, while maintaining our fun and civil nature. As long as we maintain a civil tone, which Max seems to have done (well, in his first post- his second kind of ramps it up), there is no reason why this organization cannot occur. If it eventually leads to an influx of 19 and unders, 20-24 and 25-29 year olds who score points for us, it's fine IMO. The one point I would make is that Max you should put someway to contact you so all the coordination does not have to occur on the forum - perhaps a Google or Yahoo group. Also, you seem to have cut the age group by going to 28 rather than going 25-29. Whether you will get support - that's another question. We've got a ton going on already in this club and I can sense that folks are starting to get "maxed out" as training ramps up.
This is a pretty age-immune group. People in their 40's looking like and kicking the butts of people in their 20's (try the clydesdale and athena ranks to see what it's really like to compete regardless of your age) is a common occurence. So hopefully we don't take the age stuff to heart, except of course when we are in our 70's and finally able to qualify for Kona.
This is my opinion and anything further we'd probably need the board as a whole to look into. Also, yes this stuff was much more fun before I had board responsibilities.
Happy week,
Simon

POSTED: 3/04/10 4:10 PM

IMO....blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...
hppeabody - you asked for it, you got it...

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 3/04/10 4:31 PM

Ummmmm yeah what Simon said!!!!

You all made my day enjoyable with this tread on the forum, glad to see we al got a sense of humor

Hey Max.. as soon as I am done with my geritol, bengay rub and shuffle board competition I plan on doing this little trail race called the Back Yard Burn Series this weekend. It's only a small 10 mile trail run, which I am hoping my walker with the tennis balls on the front can get through. Come on out and show them skills brother. I am sure me and couple of my OLD friends can try and hang with you. Remember we are OLD, so we play dirty. We might tie your shoe laces together, or point the race arrow the wrong way for you, or take a short cut that only a OLD and wise trail runner would know. Or we might actually act like we are going to start, let you run and when you get back from the 10 miles, we will be sitting in lounge chairs. Recovering from said hard core shuffle board match mentioned earlier.

You all made my day enjoyable with this tread on the forum, glad to see we all got a sense of humor. It is very much needed lately. Awesome job Max

POSTED: 3/04/10 4:39 PM

trithis. . . . was that an intentional display of Alzheimers?

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
POSTED: 3/04/10 4:41 PM

Simon ... I'm not sure what you just said but whatever it was it is probably the reason why the 28 and under crowd have blacklisted our kind.

To all of the youngins out there ... please respect the elders. I'd give you a good old fashion ass whoppin but it's about time for my nap and I have to pee first.

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria