DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Two March Back on My Feet Events
CREATED: 01/13/10 by HilaryC REPLIES: 2
HilaryC    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
Two March Back on My Feet Events
POSTED: 1/13/10 8:14 AM

Hi Everyone,

I thought some of you might be interested in the kickoff breakfast for the DC Chapter of Back on My Feet on Monday, March 22 (see details below). I've also included info on how to run the St. Paddy's Day 8k on March 14 on behalf of BOMF. Thanks! Hilary

You’re invited to come and celebrate our official launch in DC on March 22nd at Back on My Feet’s Inaugural Breakfast in Your Sneakers Presented by the Marriott. 10 members from the DC chapter, who will just have finished their first run that morning, will be in attendance, as well as some more veteran members from Baltimore.
Date/Time/Location: March 22nd from 8 am to 9 am at the Washington Marriott on 22nd and M.
Attire: Nothing less than your business attire with your sneakers.
Speakers: Anne Mahlum, Founder and President, a BOMF member and David Grissen, President of the Marriott, The Americas
Media Sponsor: Comcast – red carpet!
Sponsors: The Marriott, Comcast, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Wells Fargo, SunTrust and more. To become a sponsor, please email Maureen O’Toole – maureen@backonmyfeet.org
Tickets: Tickets are on sale now for $45 until February 15th and go up to $50 thereafter. Tickets include a sit-down breakfast, BOMF wristband and shirt. 100 percent of the ticket price goes to Back on My Feet’s DC chapter.
For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit: http://dc.backonmyfeet.org/the-inaugural-back-on-my-feet-breakfast-in-your-sneakers-presented-by-the-marriott.html

Run the St. Patrick’s Day 8K for Back on My Feet
Back on My Feet has been chosen as one of the official charities of the St. Patrick’s Day 8K on Sunday, March 14th. BOMF Members and non-residential members (aka – volunteers) from Baltimore will be coming down to participate as well as a few folks from Philadelphia. You will also get to meet the first 30 members of the DC chapter as they will be volunteering at the race. You can run for free by becoming a fund-racer for BOMF and commit to raising $150 for the DC chapter. A pre-race meeting place will be emailed out to everyone the week of the race. If you are not interested in running, but would like to volunteer for the race on BOMF’s behalf – please email Wylie Belasik at wylie@backonmyfeet.org.
Date/Time/Location: Sunday, March 14, 2010 @ 9:00 AM @Freedom Plaza
FUNDRACE for BOMF and RUN for FREE: You can help BOMF get going in DC by fund-racing on our behalf for the 8K, which means you get a free entry into the St. Patrick's Day 8K and great BOMF Benefits. All you need to do is commit to raising $150 for BOMF and we even give you your own webpage to accept donations from family and friends. You’ll also receive a free entry into the St. Patrick’s Day 8K (code will be emailed to you), a BOMF wristband, Endurafit shirt, and running hat. If you raise more than $500 and you will receive a BOMF sweatshirt. Email Maureen O'Toole (Maureen@backonmyfeet.org) for details or call 215-772-1080 ext 107.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
RE: Two March Back on My Feet Events
POSTED: 1/13/10 10:04 AM

That is a most unusual and interesting charity, a running club for fellows living on the street.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: Two March Back on My Feet Events
POSTED: 1/13/10 11:01 AM

Thanks for passing on the info. This is the first day of my daughter's spring break - so I am thinking of getting 2 tixs and going to the bfast! I also just copied and sent it by email to the World Bank Group Running Club. Hope to get some takers as it is close to our office.

I also just cross posted this on DC Roadrunners site - hope you don't mind.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria