DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

T1 exit gone wrong (video)
CREATED: 09/19/10 by markhakd REPLIES: 3
markhakd's ravatar markhakd    JOINED: 10/8/09    POSTS: 217
T1 exit gone wrong (video)
POSTED: 9/19/10 12:03 AM

Pretty funny stuff:
http://www.everymantri.com/everyman_triathlon/2010/09/video-the-pro-itu-women-demonstrate-how-not-to-transition-from-swim-to-bike-.html

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
RE: T1 exit gone wrong (video)
POSTED: 9/19/10 12:44 AM

I think the best part was the woman who rode away and left her shoe - you can see it laying on the ground at the very end.

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 9/19/10 3:23 PM

I think we should show this at the Next NTP Transition Clinic of what not to do. Then show my video from Nations, when I ran past my transition twice during my bike to run. I seriously yelled out, " Damn has anyone seen where the race director hid my transition."

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 9/20/10 1:38 AM

I think it's a lot tougher to do that when you're in a large, close pack like the ITU racers are. Yikes!

I had my shoes already on the pedals last week at Nation's and ran through the mud of T1 in my bare feet. I hopped on the bike at the mount line, but unlike the pros, I didn't jump on while the bike was moving. I've practiced that a few times but I'm not ready to try that in a race yet.

Let's just say that it's VERY important to land on the back of a thigh. As opposed to landing on the, er, ... middle area. Yeah, not so pleasant. At least in training, you can stop and rest (or recover) before moving on. In a race, you would have to get on and pedal with that not so pleasant sensation.

So my bike mount went well. My big problem was getting out of the wetsuit before that point. I hope no one has a video of that.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria