Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

DC Tri Hats?
CREATED: 08/17/09 by legalmoose REPLIES: 29
legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
DC Tri Hats?
POSTED: 8/17/09 9:34 AM

We used to have a vendor for DC Tri hats. Are those no longer available? Thanks.

Will

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 269
RE: DC Tri Hats?
POSTED: 8/17/09 9:40 AM

Hi Will,

The hats will be available again soon - hang tight and we'll post info once we are able to get them up for sale on the site.

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 8/17/09 9:45 AM

Cool. :) I need to replace my visor.

One additional question - as an occasional race photographer, would there be any way to get the hats in a color other than white? I ask because they'd stand out more as a different color, allowing faster ID of club folks when cheering or grabbing photos, especially for those folks (like the NTP class each year) who aren't able to get racing jerseys in time for their races, but generally can buy the hats at any time. Maybe something like the blue we use as the background for the race gear? Thanks again.

Will

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 8/17/09 10:01 AM

Gear - as long as we are on the subject - More women's sports tops/sports bras please. Could have used one at NE yesterday with that heat - ungodly heat.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1312
POSTED: 8/17/09 10:06 AM

Also need a manzier

POSTED: 8/17/09 10:17 AM

Everyone with brilliant gear ideas should plan to ocme to the Happy Hour on Thurs, where we'll have a representative from a new potential gear company present to talk to us about what they offer and will have some samples of their products for us to check out.

Will, I can investigate different hat colors when we figure out what to do with the hat situation.

MoRunner, The gear order for the year has already been placed, so there's nothing I can do to get more tops until we place another group order. Potentially with this new company we can place smaller orders with faster turnaround and...CUSTOMER SERVICE! Whoa - then we can do more of a revolving order throughout the year, or possibly keep some stock on hand.

Tuan, Um, will see what we can do. I thought it was called a "Bro."

SEE YOU THURSDAY AT CLARENDON BALLROOM!

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 8/17/09 10:38 AM

deleted

POSTED: 8/17/09 10:42 AM

Like I said above, we are considering using a new vendor that will alter our ordering process. If we decide to use this company, after the feedback we receive from the happy hour attendees, we'll post information to the website.

You are right, the companies we have been dealing with require enormous lead times to get the custom orders processed. It was insane.

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 8/17/09 11:17 AM

I agree, the lead times required by our current vendors are quite long; however, the gear team has done their best with what they had to work with. We are currently evaluating new vendors to hopefully improve the system for future orders.

The gear team is made up of volunteers who do all this in their "free time", so tell me something...if YOU have ideas for how to do it better, why don't YOU volunteer for gear. We can always use the extra help. lol.

POSTED: 8/17/09 6:51 PM

deleted

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 8/17/09 8:05 PM

Let's get One-sies next time! I love mine and then we won't have to see Vertical Swimmer in a manzere and speedo. On second thought, put an express order in!

Jaggad Clothing Comp. based in OZ, but distributes through LA, sells kits for tri clubs. http://www.jaggad.com/us/content_page.php?page=TJ_exclusiveoffer

Other schwag/clothing ideas: big beach towels; captain chairs; big DC Tri magnets for your car (I miss mine); one-sies; old school wrist bands; temp. tattoos; track suits (or is that too Euro?? -- everyone had them at Roth)

I love shopping and can help if needed.

POSTED: 8/17/09 8:12 PM

Lisa - thanks for all of your great suggestions! That's the kind of constructive feedback that we need!

DC Tri track suits...that's how I would roll. ::8^)::

POSTED: 8/17/09 8:25 PM

Justin - where do I begin? We currently need volunteers for Saturday AM bricks at Hains Point, the Nations Brick-Nic, Nations Tri, Savageman...the list goes on and on. As an all-volunteer organization, we can always use volunteers for something. If you want to put your money where your mouth is, let me know where you'd like to help out and I'll be glad to get you the info on how to sign-up.

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 8/17/09 8:39 PM

Big fan of champion sys gear here! Just put in a custom order with some buddies and the people there were nothing but top notch with great turn around time. Clothing quality seems nice, as well.

Thanks for looking into more optimal gear vendors for the club Gear Team!

Andy B.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1059
POSTED: 8/17/09 8:56 PM

Thanks to the all-volunteer gear team. I don't know about track suits, but I would love to see a club speedo/jammer and running gear.......aw yeah!

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1312
POSTED: 8/17/09 9:14 PM

When mom and dad fight ... no one wins.

As far as contact info are concerned, if you go to the top right hand corner of the web page there is a link called "Club Info." If you click on that, a page comes up. Click on "Board of Directors." There is a description on that page of what each members of the board of directors are responsible for. It also has a link to their email addresses. For example, Nicole Shue is the club partners person and Angela Dilks is the volunteer coordinator. Those two may not be the day to day person on any specific item but they would be the people who are at the top of the food chain and can point you in the right direction. The info on that page has been up for about as long as the web page has been up.

I have had a lot of success contacting members of the DCTri board of directors on issues that I thought needed addressing. They are really a receptive bunch of folks who will take your comments seriously. It doesn't mean that they will do what you want. It just means that they will address your concerns.

The call out for volunteers have always been posted either on this forum or in the buzz section. If I wanted to volunteer for a particular activity, the first thing that I would do is to check the forum. The second would be to contact one of the members of the board of directors or DCTri's president. If I do not get a response, I would post it on the web site with the title "How do I volunteer for x, y, z." To claim that you don't know who to contact for a particular volunteer activity or how to do it is to be lazy and a bit insincere.

I have been in charge of a marathon training group here in the DC area for the past 3 years (which also has a bunch of DCTri members). I've been on both side of the fence as far being part of "management" and part of people who bitch and whine. I can tell you that the most effective way to get things done is to directly contact the person in charge of things. Calling people out in a forum or airing dirty laundry before you've gone through the chain of command is one way to make enemies and NOT get the change that you want implemented. There IS a reason why DCTri has a board of directors and a president.

I understand the need to air complaints in a public forum. I can bitch and whine with the best of them. However, before we go that route, let's make sure that we first pursue all of the established avenues. When those avenues are not responsive, we then have the responsibility to air it out in a public forum ... but not before.

Let's put all of the bickering to rest and load up on the manzere. Lisa Kilday wants to see me in a manzere and I desperately want to show up at her place of employment with one. By the way, does anyone know the address of Lisa's place of employment ?

As you were,
Tuan

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 8/17/09 9:31 PM

I won't be at the happy hour on Thursday to check out the new potential vendor. Just wondering, do they have women tri clothes too, or just men's?

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 8/17/09 10:31 PM

Tuan

You might just die and go to Kournikova/Kilday heaven. I work from home this week! So get your Viet Cong scissors out (your teeth) and fashion yourself a DC TRI manziere out of of your ridiculously long cue sheets.

LAK

http://www.examiner.com/x-19867-DC-Sports-Travel-Examiner?showbio

POSTED: 8/17/09 11:41 PM

Sandy and Tuan,

we can agree to disagree on this thread.

In an effort to keep things civil i will follow Tuan's advice and no longer post in this thread.

I have also deleted all my previous posts since such postings people have found offensive in some way.

Tuan, let me get this straight. I asked who do i contact to volunteer for a group on the forum board in a thread associated with the group that the volunteering is associated with. You suggested "check the forum board". Yet because i said I "did not know who to contact" i am "lazy and insincere". Apparently others think the same since I get in return a response of "put your money where your mouth is". Ok now i at least know better next time.

Train and race safe.

dctexan's ravatar dctexan    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 8/18/09 12:36 AM

Many thanks to all our gear folks who put in a lot of time and energy to get us our schwag! The only thing I asked for and didn't get from our gear folks was a pony.
I'm going to try to make the HH this week and see all of you fit people and the gear samples but might not be able to make it. I just spent a couple minutes on Champion Systems website and couldn't track down their hats. That said, if they don't do hats I like Headsweats and/or SweatVac hats and visors. I know one of those brands does a lot of IM finisher hats/visors.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria