Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Good place to Swim??
CREATED: 06/28/09 by Danlagraffe REPLIES: 4
Danlagraffe    JOINED: 6/28/09    POSTS: 4
Good place to Swim??
POSTED: 6/28/09 6:47 PM

I am moving in a couple of weeks from AZ to Arlington VA. I will be without a car and living on the Courthouse metro stop. Does anyone know of a good pool to swim at or a good masters group nearby to me and close to a metro? Thanks.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
RE: Good place to Swim??
POSTED: 6/28/09 10:01 PM

The most convenient pool is probably going to be the one at Washington & Lee High School. I think they have a masters group and I also think that some DC Tri folks meet there to swim. I think you'll also arrive right in time to enjoy the opening of their brand new pool.

POSTED: 6/28/09 10:33 PM

Philotri,
You have to excuse me for being new at this but when I attempt to map out my trip is says that the nearest metro station is 50 miles away from the high school. This could be wrong. Is it in walking distance of a metro station and if so which one? Thanks for all the help.

ecurunr04's ravatar ecurunr04    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 6/28/09 11:36 PM

The Courthouse Metro stop is no more than 2 miles away from pool at Washington and Lee High School. The closest Metro stop to the pool is the Ballston stop, which is about 4-5 blocks from the school. To be honest by the time you wait for a metro train take metro 2 stops out to Ballston, then walk from Ballston to the pool you might be better off just walking, getting in a little jog or riding to the pool depending on where you live. They also have bike racks outside of the pool if you choose to ride. You will find the Arlington corridor is very easy to get around without relying on metro.

Washington and Lee High School also has a track that is host to several running/tri groups on Wednesday nights. So you might want to check out a track workout when you get here as well. Hope this helps.

There is also a YMCA in Clarendon off of Kirkwood Rd that has an outdoor pool. I have never used it though but that might be a second alternative.

POSTED: 6/29/09 12:12 AM

Thanks alot. You have all been a huge help.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria