Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike this weekend, NTP and Vasa conflict
CREATED: 03/04/10 by larryb REPLIES: 8
larryb's ravatar larryb    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 24
Bike this weekend, NTP and Vasa conflict
POSTED: 3/04/10 8:54 AM

So. . . . the NTP bike and Vasa ride are conflicting on Sunday. I know some others like Brad, Christina, and myself are already planning on doing the Vasa ride. Is it possible to do the NTP ride another day? After all, the vasa ride has free blueberry soup at the end! Or, could we move the NTP ride from Hains Point to the Vasa ride?

http://www.waba.org/events/vasaride.php

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
RE: Bike this weekend, NTP and Vasa conflict
POSTED: 3/04/10 9:47 AM

Any NTPers are more than welcome to do the Vasa Ride, we have no problem with that (and you get free blueberry soup). There will be plenty more NTP rides during the training program, so there is no worry if you miss one.

Remember that this should be about an hour long bike workout as per your training schedule, so unless you're a REALLY fast rider, the 31 or 59 mile options of the Vasa ride are beyond the times you should be riding. Though the 15 mile ride is very do-able. :)

We will still hold the NTP ride down at Hains Point on Sunday morning because some NTPers might not be ready for street riding yet and need the less traveled roads of Hains Point to begin on. There is a rarely used parking lot at Hains Point that will let everyone practice clipping in and out. We'll also go over bike hand signals and proper road etiquette. Then we can head out for a couple long loops at Hains Point and get in the hour long bike workout.

Bryan
2010 NTP Co-Leader

POSTED: 3/04/10 11:13 AM

yea I am not too ambitious with the mileage yet . . . planning on the 9am 15 or 18 miler - whatever it is. I have never been to Hains point so I want to do that too. Thanks for making it hard to choose Bryan. We'll see what happens.

BTW how far will the Hains Point NTP ride be?

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 3/04/10 11:36 AM

That's my job! Probably the only reason they let me on as Co-Leader. :)

We'll do plenty of Hains Point rides, so you'll get lots of opportunities to ride there.

The short loop at Hains Point is 3.2 miles. The long loop is 5.7 miles. You'll eventually become very familiar with these. :) For the first NTP ride, people can do as many loops of their choice as they want for an hour. Probably the most someone would get in would be 3 long loops, which would be about 18 miles.

Bryan
2010 NTP Co-Leader

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 3/04/10 11:59 AM

Dear fearless Co-Leader,

What is go time for your ride? If they cancel the Back Yard Burn, I will be there.

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 3/04/10 2:25 PM

The bike ride is at 10 on Sunday.

Will
2010 NTP Co-Leader

Nate's ravatar Nate    JOINED: 2/23/10    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 3/04/10 2:50 PM

Wait--10? The NTP newsletter said 8am.

POSTED: 3/04/10 3:08 PM

Nate is correct. The newsletter states 8am. But if we start at 10 I will definitely make it to the NTP ride over the VASA ride. . . . I know a couple other will agree with me. . . the closer to noon, the better!

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 3/05/10 8:34 AM

Whoops! Our apologies, the newsletter was supposed to say 10 am, not 8 am. We want it to get a tad warmer than it'll be at 8 before dragging y'all out, but not too late or it'll be too crowded. We will be getting an email out later today to confirm that, but plan on 10 am for Sunday at Hains Point. See you there!

Will
2010 NTP Co-Leader

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria