CREATED: 01/13/10 by hppeabody REPLIES: 108
rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 504
RE: Tuesday Night Track Workouts
POSTED: 3/11/10 10:31 PM

Hillary, toss me on the distro as well!

kbackus    JOINED: 11/14/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 3/11/10 10:50 PM

me too. I walk by the track every day on my way home...feel like I should try running on it at some point

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 3/11/10 10:57 PM

Ryan, I totally sent you an invite to the group 2 months ago! I'll do it again :)
Dina- I need your email to add you. Post it here or email me.

I wrote out a long ass response a few hrs ago to answer some of yalls questions and of course the site timed out and it didn't post. So, I'll rewrite it tomorrow night a now I'm on a train, but a couple of brief points:

we meet at 630 on Tuesdays
we meet on the track at Wilson high school next to Wilson aquatic center in tenleytown, nw dc. The metro is right there so (if the red line is cooperating) it's easy to get to.
Workouts are predesigned by me and I can tailor them if u are trainig for something specific or if you are more/less experienced.

It's great to see so much interest- we have around 70 people on the listserv and I got 20 emails today alone!
More later- I'm tired of typing on my phone!!

20008    JOINED: 3/17/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 3/12/10 7:37 AM

Here's my email--dina20008@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Dina

hrumpole    JOINED: 7/20/09    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 3/23/10 2:25 PM

hi-
would love to join the group.
christopher dot mohr at gmail dot com

patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 3/23/10 4:55 PM

Could you please add me too?

labellejournee at gmail dot com

Thank you for taking the time to add me! I really really appreciate it! =D

POSTED: 3/23/10 5:03 PM

Sorry that I don't always get back to all of yalls individual posts and emails-- I can't believe how much this group has taken off just through word of mouth and DC Tri, now with an 80+ person listserv. Anyway, I am adding ya'll as you request to be added, so if you don't get an invite from a yahoo group called renegadestriders, then shoot me another e-mail. See some of you tonight for some torturous cruise intervals.

H

kimberrankin    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 3/25/10 10:54 AM

Hi Hillary,

Please add me: kimberrankin@yahoo.com

Since the group is so big, I wonder if there isn't room for an alternative time/ day? Is anyone available for T/TH mornings at Wilson HS? (I know there's a Wed morning but it's at Dunbar.) Just a thought...

Thanks!

POSTED: 3/25/10 3:57 PM

I spend enough hours of my life planning a good workout for this thing for once a week, though if other people want to get together on their own and do the same workout from tues night on a diff night, please do...or just go to the Dunbar one or check out the Roadrunners website-- I think they do Weds nights??

However, the group actually hasn't gotten too big. A lot of people come sporadically so despite the 90ish member listserv, at most so far we have gotten 15-20 people out, which is actually pretty nice because it means almost everyone has someone else to pace off of.

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 225
POSTED: 3/26/10 3:52 PM

Please add me to the list.

Thanks.
Tania

tgrollman@yahoo.com

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 3/28/10 7:28 AM

I'm willing to coordinate a regular track workout one morning a week if folks are willing to go to a track that is easier for me to get to than Wilson HS (I live in South Arlington so Wilson is really out of the way for me). I can bring a workout for the group and, if you let me know your individual race goals, provide workouts for specific races.

bde1222's ravatar bde1222    JOINED: 7/13/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 3/28/10 2:53 PM

Could you add me to the list too? I normally swim Masters on Tuesday night but could cut that to twice a week especially now that triathlon season is underway, and I need to really start interval training. Thanks!

bde1222 at gmail dot com

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 269
POSTED: 3/28/10 4:36 PM

Michele,
Do you know if there's a track anywhere in South Arlington? There are a lot of us over this way - we may be able to get a regular group going one morning a week.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 3/28/10 9:50 PM

I live about 3 blocks from Wakefield High School and TC Williams in Alexandria is also a nearby option.

The Wakefield track isn't unlocked until 7 am. Would that be too late? If so, I don't think TC Williams locks their facility so we could probably meet there anytime. Or I could contact Arlington County and see if it's possible to get earlier access one day a week.

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 3/28/10 10:14 PM

Please add me to the list as well: ellove@gwu.edu. Thanks- Erin

emilyrichard04    JOINED: 2/28/10    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 3/29/10 9:48 AM

Hi Hillary,

I'd like to be added to the listserv for the practices scheduled at Wilson H.S.

Thank you,

Emily

POSTED: 3/29/10 9:50 AM

Emily,

I need your email to add you. Post it here or email me

H

ducke's ravatar ducke    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 91
POSTED: 3/31/10 7:08 AM

glennelliott9@msn.com

POSTED: 3/31/10 7:27 AM

I love that so many people are joining the listserv and coming out to the workouts, but I do have one request: if you are emailing me to join, please indicate your purpose. People posting on here I at least have some assurance that you are probably a member of dc tri but I'm concerned that I am starting to get some random e-mails from spammers who are just seeing this on the internet and I want to keep them out.

Glenn- I'll send you an invite to the yahoo group today.

H

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1052
POSTED: 3/31/10 11:22 AM

Coach P, great workout last night. My legs are sore. Can't believe how much I miss working out on the track.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria