Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

Tuesday Night Track Workouts
CREATED: 01/13/10 by hppeabody REPLIES: 108
PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 525
RE: Tuesday Night Track Workouts
POSTED: 4/29/10 1:24 PM

I "may" be able to show up next week. Maybe. But that would probably be the only week for me in May. Then in June I have my double-double, Eagleman and Washington DC Tri in back-to-back weeks, so I won't be doing any stand-alone run speedwork then.

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 4/30/10 9:16 AM

please add me to the list:

Matt Ferguson

ferguson01 AT me DOT com

Cheers!

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
WEDS Night (wilson) Track Workouts
POSTED: 4/30/10 9:57 AM

Hi all,

I have been getting a lot of e-mails recently from people that are interested in the track workouts but are not sure if they are at the right fitness level. So, here's my generalized answer if you are wondering about the track workouts and if its right for you:

We have a variety of paces represented in the people that come to these workouts. There is not minimum speed required.

Most of our workouts are based on time rather than distance. So, even if you are slower, you will still start and finish the whole workout and every interval at the same time as everyone else-- faster people just get to run farther :)

To be able to do these workouts you do need to have a pretty solid base of mileage built up. If you can run 6-7 miles pretty easily (whether slow or fast) then you can do these workouts. If you can't do that, then you will find these workouts incredibly hard to complete because we sometimes cover that much ground when you account for warmup, cooldown and the workout itself.

The workouts are designed to be difficult, and so you should also have a decent amount of resiliency and toughness.

I am happy to suggest modified versions if you think the workout is too long for you, or if you just want to come and try part of the workout one night feel free to do that. However, I will say that its probably more worth your while to focus on building up a base before doing a whole lot of speed work if you are new to running.

Hope this helps answer some questions.

Best,
H

julial    JOINED: 4/22/10    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 4/30/10 2:05 PM

Hey there,
I'd love to be added to the mailing list.

caffeinate (at) gmail.com.

thanks so much!
-Julia

RE: WEDS Night Track Workouts
POSTED: 5/06/10 9:21 AM

fun fun fun workout last night! Thanks to the nearly 30 of you that showed up to make it a good one. With that many of us out there on the track it makes it easier to push yourself and is just more fun in general. 14 or so of us went out for cinco de mayo dinner and drinks too-- I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all! We are hitting the hill again next week...should be torturous :)

H

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 295
POSTED: 5/17/10 10:31 AM

Coach P - could you add me to the listserve? ihankim at yahoo. Also, is the track 350m? Was trying to figure it out yesterday, but gave up and just worked off the 1600m start mark. Thx.

hollygal    JOINED: 4/9/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 5/17/10 3:50 PM

Where and when are the Tuesday night track workouts? I'm having a hard time making the Wed. night track workouts.

POSTED: 5/17/10 3:53 PM

This thread is a bit confusing. There is no tuesday night track workout anymore-- the former tuesday night workout IS the wednesday night workout. we changed it a few weeks ago due to popular demand (people wanted to go to the tues night conte's ride). If you wanted to organize something less formal yourself on tues nights though, I'm sure you would be able to find a few people to join you.

peeps1076's ravatar peeps1076    JOINED: 11/10/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 5/17/10 5:25 PM

if anyone wants to do tuesdays in arlington at W&L I know there are 5 of us who begrudgingly make the trip up DC and would much rather run here.

peeps1076's ravatar peeps1076    JOINED: 11/10/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 5/19/10 2:55 PM

hilary...can you bring my pants tonight!? k great!

goshlickit's ravatar goshlickit    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 5/19/10 3:15 PM

Sort of unrelated, but does anyone do any track workouts in NE DC? Also, does anyone know if the CUA track is open to the public or if it is closed off to prevent intruders like me?

cjcareyjr    JOINED: 5/19/10    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 5/19/10 10:39 PM

Just Joined DC Tri tonight. I think i hijacked the tail end of a DC tri swim lesson. Apologies... but here we are. Please add me to this list since it seems be what i fell into for Wed. thx
CJ

jasmine11178    JOINED: 3/8/10    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 6/17/10 1:09 PM

Hillary-

Could you please add me again with a different email address? For some reason, I still can't accept it to my old one.

herndonjm at gmail dot com

Thanks!
Jasmine

Weds night track workout tonight
POSTED: 7/14/10 10:47 AM

Just in case anyone on here is planning on coming tonight and does not get my weekly emails...

We are OFF the track tonight for our once per month hill repeats workout. We meet at 6:30 (rain or shine) just OUTSIDE the track at the corner of Nebraska & Brandywine on the stairs. I'll have my car for people to store stuff in. If you are much later than 6:35, you will probably miss us but feel free to run down Brandywine until you find us. If you hate hills and/or are afraid of running the hills or think you can't handle this hill (its long), then you should probably come because that means you need practice!

H

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 7/14/10 11:16 AM

Hi, I'm new to DC Tri and this looks fun! can I be added to the email list?

wongela at gmail

Thanks!
Elaine

Wednesday Night Track Workouts
POSTED: 8/17/10 4:01 PM

For anyone that was thinking of just stopping in this week that does not get my harassment emails every week, we are doing our once monthly hill workout tomorrow. We will meet at Tilden and Connecticut NW (van ness metro on red line) at 630. we'll hit the tilden hill in its entirety a few times and then do a shortened section a few times. Looks like it will be pouring so it will be extra fun running uphill against the water/stream/river/flood.

-H

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 8/17/10 4:55 PM

Can you add me to the list? I've been doing the Wed CUA swims instead, but with that ending next week I think I'm going to be able to start coming.

bsull184@gmail.com

lisde    JOINED: 4/27/10    POSTS: 20
Wednesday Night Track Workouts
POSTED: 8/17/10 5:29 PM

add me to the list as well..i will be showing up for my first time tomorrow. see ya!

Delisse

tmoniot's ravatar tmoniot    JOINED: 9/1/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 9/10/10 12:03 PM

I'm in. Running is my weal point, so it will be good to get this going again.

eheyer    JOINED: 4/18/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 10/13/10 9:50 PM

Could you please add me to the e-mail lists for this? Thanks, eheyer@thesienaschool.org

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria