Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

Tuesday Night Track Workouts
CREATED: 01/13/10 by hppeabody REPLIES: 108
hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
RE: Wednesday Night Track Workouts @ Tenley
POSTED: 6/04/12 10:11 PM

Just a reminder in response to some recent communications...
YES, these are still going on, and YES it is every week-- just show up before 6:30 at the Wilson HS track (hidden behind the aquatic center). If you want to be on the list, E-MAIL me, and keep emailing until I add you. I just found a couple of those private messages in my inbox from months ago...oops. Point being: e-mail :)

This week Coach AJ is leading us in some lactate threshold intervals. If you don't know what that is, you should probably get on the list and start coming to track.

H

dupontgrl    JOINED: 1/21/12    POSTS: 18
RE: Tuesday Night Track Workouts
POSTED: 8/01/12 10:54 AM

Is there a track workout tonight (Wed, Aug. 1)? I haven't received an email, so was wondering if this week was off. Thanks!

Col333's ravatar Col333    JOINED: 7/21/12    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 8/07/12 4:46 PM

Hi! Will there be a track workout tomorrow? I'm new and would like to join the group. Thanka! (colralph@gmail.com)

POSTED: 8/08/12 11:51 AM

Please see the FAQ for more info. http://www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Train.Wilson_Track_Workout

We always have track, so no need to ask. E-mail me directly to be added to the yahoo group. I get several e-mails every week, so I usually just add everyone all at once, once a week.

See you tonight!

HP

RE: Wednesday Night Track Workouts
POSTED: 11/18/12 2:50 PM

All:

Just a reminder that this week's Wednesday night track workout in tenleytown at Wilson HS is cancelled. Go do a turkey trot on Thanksgiving instead :)

Cheers,
HP

wellnow14    JOINED: 8/29/11    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 11/18/12 3:22 PM

Thanks Hillary for the head's up. btw this means of communicating news about the group DOES work for me... I never was able to get into the right forum on Google groups

Dan

Ankurshukla    JOINED: 11/19/12    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 11/24/12 10:32 AM

This post states Tuesday Night Track Workouts but it seems like the discussion is about Wednesday night workouts.

Are there still any Tuesday night work outs? Would anyone be interested in Tuesday night Weekend track workouts? Location would be Wilson HS track, I'm thinking

POSTED: 1/09/13 8:21 PM

@Ankurshukla-- just saw your post...there are no longer tuesday night workouts. we moved this one from wednesdays to tuesdays about two years ago and I just cant go back in time to change the thread unfortunately!

On another note---I'm excited to report that we had over 20 people out tonight (thats normal in the summer but high numbers for this time of year for us) and it was a fantastic workout. Tons of newbies as well as some folks who haven't been around in a while. Thanks to you guys who make it fun for me! Hope to have more people coming out this winter to get in the miles and get speedy for spring and summer races. With lots more new folks, I'll be making a conscientious effort to always have a modification option to the workout so don't be afraid to come out if you've never done a track workout before or speedwork :)

Cheers,
HP

POSTED: 5/16/14 9:24 AM

A few announcements about track since there are so many new folks interested with the tri season now upon us:

First off, you should know that we have new people at track just about every week, especially this time of year. The group spans a wide range of paces and abilities and the workouts are always time-based rather than distance based - this means everyone runs their own pace but we still start and finish together.

Once per month we do hill repeats instead of track work. In most cases, we run at a hill that is about a mile away from the track, and we still meet at the track. Every once in a while, we meet in an entirely different place - at the Zoo. That's this coming week. If you show up at the track on May 21, you will be by yourself. Dave, the bartender at Zoo Bar next wednesday, is already looking forward to us coming and will let us store our stuff at the bar beforehand. After we run down through the zoo, and finish our repeats at Connecticut/Calvert Streets, we will return to Zoo bar for some post run snacks and beverages. By the way, even Coach AJ says its okay to have a post run beer this time!

Intro to Track Session: Wednesday, May 28, 6:00 PM, at the track in Tenleytown. Thanks to Claudia Blackburn's efforts to make this happen, Coach AJ and I will be holding an Intro to Track Session. This will be held before the regular workout starts. The objective is to provide a space for newbies to ask questions, and for us to provide you an overview of how we do these workouts, the key lingo, injury prevention, and some basics of form and technique. As with all of our track workouts, this is open to anyone, even if you are just perusing the club website and thinking about joining.

Beyond this session, you should know that every week at track is an opportunity to learn more about the physiology and science behind why we do these types of workouts, and that we always explain the workout in detail so that everyone understands what their pace should feel like for each workout. I also spend a good amout of time watching everyone's running form and advising on that throughout the workout. SO if you're new, don't worry about not understanding the lingo or knowing enough about proper runnin. The point of these workouts is for you to have an opportunity to learn all that.

Also, every week after track, many of us get dinner together at Whole Foods. Its a great opportunity to meet other club members, chat about your training, or just life in general. I've seen several training groups form out of this, and now these people regularly do rides and swims together too.

Workouts are scheduled out through August on the DC Tri Club Track workout calendar, whih is here: https://www.dctriclub.org//index.cfm?fuseaction=train.workouts&id=486

Note: Unless you have been coming to track for a while or have some formal training in exercise physiology/coaching, its unlikely that what is actually posted on that calendar will make any sense to you. Fear not, you'll learn. For now, it gives you a sense of how long the workout ill be and also, probably the most key information: whether we are on the track or running hill repeats.

For details of what we are doing each week, you will want to be on the track workout listserv, which is a separate yahoo group. Email me to get on this list. Note that I have a tendency to flag all the emails I get every week on this topic, then add everyone at one time when I'm writing my weekly track email, so fear not if it takes me a few days to respond.

Happy running,

HP

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria