DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ISO: Wet suit for Nation's Tri
CREATED: 07/31/10 by DavidWGrant REPLIES: 3
DavidWGrant's ravatar DavidWGrant    JOINED: 12/10/09    POSTS: 7
ISO: Wet suit for Nation's Tri
POSTED: 7/31/10 7:23 PM

I'm 5'11", 150 pounds.
Interested in buying probably a full suit. Though would consider renting for a month, if that would work for you.

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
RE: ISO: Wet suit for Nation's Tri
POSTED: 8/01/10 11:20 AM

I have a Neosport sleveless if you are interested. Used six times, I am 5'10"/160.

Email tbkraft@yahoo.com

DavidWGrant's ravatar DavidWGrant    JOINED: 12/10/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 8/02/10 10:49 AM

Thanks for offer. Wondering if you have experience here in DC for Nation's? I'm told last year that if the water had been one degree warmer, wetsuits would not have been allowed.
I get cold easily and I also am a slow swimmer, hoping for a bit of a lift. For those reasons I was looking for a full body suit.
Thoughts on this?

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 8/02/10 4:26 PM

My personal opinion only -

Not sure why anyone would want a full sleeve wetsuit in this area. I have done tri's from April to Oct and never felt like I needed one. I like the freedom to move my arms.

I can't remember the temp from Nation's last year but they have always been wetsuit legal. Eagleman disallowed wetsuits this year - first time ever.

If you are looking at events out of this area or at other times of the year then by all means go with the sleeves. It really is a matter of personal preference.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria