Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

A New guy
CREATED: 10/06/09 by hmooney REPLIES: 2
hmooney    JOINED: 9/30/09    POSTS: 77
A New guy
POSTED: 10/06/09 3:09 PM

Hi all. So I did my first Tri at Sandman Va. Beach a couple weeks back. I was fairly consistant with the bike and run but the swim was very weak. Decided to sign up for Sandman out of the blue and started specifically focusing on my swim about a month before and was very concerned with the Ocean open water aspect. Turns out the swim was my fastest leg and surprisingly all the "things" one thinks of when in the water that tends to freak us (me) out never happened. The swim was brutal, major swells that rolled a lot of people but I got in and did it. So, with that said afterwards I was really jacked and wanted to find like minded, enthusiastic people. I hope to do the Disney HIM in May. I was told about DC Tri and here I am. Thanks to Hillary for providing the link to the happy hour and look forward to meeting and hanging out. A

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
RE: A New guy
POSTED: 10/06/09 3:21 PM

Make sure you drink a lot at Happy Hour and mingle with the people who have already signed up for Ironmans next year, specailly St Croix. Then when you wake up in the morning you will have to figure out how you signed up for it. Just kidding. Welcome to the group. A lot of awesome athletes here, and all around cool people to hang out with.

hmooney    JOINED: 9/30/09    POSTS: 77
RE: A New guy
POSTED: 10/06/09 3:26 PM

I believe that's exactly what happened with the Disney HIM I signed up for haha Thanks for the well wishes. See ya around, A

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria