Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

OWS/Bike 9/10 Apr at Lake Anna
CREATED: 04/06/11 by tgalbert REPLIES: 4
tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
OWS/Bike 9/10 Apr at Lake Anna
POSTED: 4/06/11 11:30 AM

I'm headed back to Lake Anna this week for more OWS and biking Rumpass course.

I'm not a coach, just practicing with some other folks in my same boat.

Lake Anna Beach Marina
349 Pleasants Landing Rd
Bumpass, VA 23024

Saturday:
Weather dependent. 30-40% chance of rain morning through night, depending which site you look at. Saturday will be uber casual. After swimming, the group will decide what it wants to do. I'd prefer not to break out the bikes in case the roads are wet. I may ammend this as of tomorrow or Friday around Mother Nature. Stay tuned.
TENTATIVE PLAN:
Swim - 1000-1200
Lunch/rest - 1200-1330
Run - 1330-1430
Weather permitting, bike Kinetic Sprint course up near the State Park.

Sunday:
0930-1000 Transition zone setup - Practice setting up where you want your gear in your zone. Looking for tips from veterans.
1000-1130 Swim - During this time some of our veterans can talk about do's/don'ts, casual swim or drills, plus breaks.
1130-1200 T1 - Practice going from water to bike. Reps.
1200-1315 Lunch - Eat, nap, play cribbage, etc
1330-1530 Bike - Bike Rumpass course
1530-1545 T2 - A few dry runs of bike to run
1545-1630 Run - 5K run after bike. Casual. You can do a long or as short as you want.

*should we not be able to access the water near the marina, we can shoot for swimming at Lake Anna State Park. I don't know if there will be fees for this. I'll look into it, but I encourage anyone who knows more about the state park to chime in.

Again, I'm not a coach, I'm just going there to work on these things on my own and with whoever else wants to tag along. If you feel like joining, awesome. You can help me figure out what the hell I'm doing :)

Trevor
if you want to get on my distro, send me an email
trevor (dot) albert (at) gmail

trigator    JOINED: 5/14/10    POSTS: 21
RE: OWS/Bike 9/10 Apr at Lake Anna
POSTED: 4/08/11 10:04 AM

Any news with a possible government shut down if we will be able to do the OWS this weekend? The site says that it is a state park so i would assume it would be closed if the shut down happens. Is there any place besides the park that we could enter the water?

Brent

spleary's ravatar spleary    JOINED: 8/17/10    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 4/08/11 7:09 PM

If it's not a federal park (or DC) The federal shutdown shouldn't matter.

Now get down there and swim. I want a report on whether or not I'll freeze my butt off in my sleeveless suit next week at rumpass.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1783
POSTED: 4/10/11 3:21 PM

Trevor:

Thanks much for putting this together. Today's swim bike run, on the Rumpass in the Bumpass course, tho rather cold in the water, was a lot of fun. Nice turnout of club members.

What a good training event for Rumpass, the Kinetic Tri, and PeasantMan, all held at various points on the Lake.

Given the dearth of lakes and open-water swim venues in the region, maybe this could be a regular event.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 4/10/11 4:56 PM

Ditto. Thanks Trevor! had a lot of fun, most of us pretty much did a mini sprint tri today.

Water was not as warm as I hoped it would be... Can't wait to see those pics Ed :p

Elaine

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria