Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

wireless computer
CREATED: 04/23/10 by DoggyBrown REPLIES: 2
DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
wireless computer
POSTED: 4/23/10 12:50 PM

Ok campers, I want some advice. I want a new wireless computer for my bike with cadence. Not really interested in springing for a Garmin. I was looking at the Blackburn Neuro 4.0 and the Cateye Double Wireless, but both have gotten crappy reviews online. So I turn to you, oh wise DCTriClubbers. What do you recommend or NOT recommend.

WANT:
Wireless
Cadence as well as speed

DON'T WANT:
Garmin or other $300 models
Heartrate compatibility
A crappy computer

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
RE: wireless computer
POSTED: 4/23/10 12:55 PM

I have the the Cayeye V2c on both my bikes and it works great. I also have the Cateye Strada wireless on my mountain bike, and it works great. Haven't had a problem with them what so ever. They are great computers. The Strada doesn't have cadence, but who needs cadence on a mountain bike. There is my food for thought.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: wireless computer
POSTED: 4/23/10 1:10 PM

i had some older wireless computers for the bike, and personally found that they work great so long as you aren't near power lines.

if you do a lot of riding on the wod trail that has the powerlines above you then sometimes the computers lose the signal and you will ride for miles wihtout anything registering.

so i switched to wired computers on all my bikes.

good luck with what you decide.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria