Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Columbia Tri Roll Call
CREATED: 05/10/09 by sandyc REPLIES: 48
astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 532
RE: Columbia Tri Roll Call
POSTED: 5/14/09 5:54 PM

In as well. Anyone want to carpool up to race packet pickup/bike racking Saturday? I have room for at least one more bike and I live in Arlington. Pretty flexible on time. Pre-event course talks at the hotel are 12pm and 3pm.
- Adam (astolz1 at yahoo)

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 5/14/09 9:33 PM

Bike Pajamas, of course!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FOKMZI

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 5/15/09 8:53 AM

In for the swim and the bike. I promise not to eat all the food!

I remember when we tried to get out of swim practice whenever it rained. Then, some coach (or maybe a parent) pointed out "What are you afraid of? Getting wet?" We had to find new excuses to avoid practice after that.

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 5/16/09 7:27 AM

Despite my better judgment, I'm in.

Will

carrollea's ravatar carrollea    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 5/16/09 10:50 AM

I'm in too - but I don't expect this to be any kind of P.R. I did a brick on the course last week and I was pretty pokey on the hills in the run. At 66 degrees (maybe lower if it rains), I'm definitely wearing my full wetsuit. I'm thinking about throwing a dry cycling jersey over my wet tri suit to keep a little warmer on the bike. It's supposed to be about 58 degrees - going down the hills in a wet tri suit could get rather chilly. Does anyone else have any ideas about that? Also, the advice about keeping the tire pressure down at about 105 psi if the roads are wet is good - I've heard that from several experienced bike racers.

I'm in the 3rd wave (old men and ladies), so I'll be cheering the rest of you on at the finish. Count me in for cookies at the tent! Good luck everyone!

Liz

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1768
POSTED: 5/16/09 12:41 PM

I'm kayo'd for Rockett's Landing, thus pouring water for runners demanding. Have space for those Columbian bound, leaving early from Ye Olden Town. savvyveteran@gmail.com

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 5/16/09 5:54 PM

I am in for the swim part of a relay, so see you guys there.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 5/16/09 6:04 PM

Vigo said the water was 72 Deg - nice

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 5/16/09 8:09 PM

Weather also calling for light showers until around 9AM. So looks like we might have a decent race day after all. I can deal with light showers vs torrential down pour.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria