Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Sandy Point St Pk Update
CREATED: 05/10/09 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 4
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
Sandy Point St Pk Update
POSTED: 5/10/09 9:02 PM

For anyone wondering about the water temperatures at Sandy Point, I was able to get out there after work on Friday plus, Saturday afternoon. Friday, I swam in my full length wetsuit and I was a bit too warm. After I went for a bike ride, I jumped back into the bay - water was fine. Then Saturday, I swam sleeveless and things felt better. After that I decided to swim w/o my wetsuit and pretty much I calculated the water to be around mid-60s. Next time I head out there, it might be possible to swim without a wetsuit, just bring some sweats for afterwards.

Oh, until Memorial Day, the weekday fee is $3.00. Weekends it's $5.00 per person.

erova's ravatar erova    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 4
RE: Sandy Point St Pk Update
POSTED: 5/10/09 10:01 PM

Thanks for the update!

I'm heading out Tuesday afternoon for the first time to the park.

Is it pretty self-explanatory where swimming is allowed or is pretty much the whole park safe to swim in?

Thanks in advance~
Chris

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 5/10/09 11:36 PM

As you enter the park, head straight. Follow the speed limits. Park in the big parking lot at the end on the left. The swimming area is just behind the bathroom facilities. Make sure you swim the right of the fishing area where there is no swimming. My suggestion is to swim parallel to shore. Have fun.

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 5/11/09 9:54 AM

As for the water temp, it was about 62-65 degrees. I wore my 5 mm wetsuit and hoodie. Ok, the hoodie is a little overkill (it looks cool though), but definitely wear a wetsuit.

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 5/11/09 10:48 AM

Lisa,

You said the key phrase, "It looks cool." And if it loosk cool, it's good to go in my book.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria