Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

How to prevent aero drink shower?
CREATED: 06/29/09 by sandyc REPLIES: 2
sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
How to prevent aero drink shower?
POSTED: 6/29/09 2:58 PM

I finally took my Profile Design Aero Drink bottle out for a spin yesterday. Both myself and my bike finished completely caked in Gatorade. Does anyone have any good tips for how to prevent the aero drink shower every time I hit a bump? Also, has anyone figured out a way to secure the yellow mesh to keep it from launching off the bike on the big bumps?

hilarysmith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
RE: How to prevent aero drink shower?
POSTED: 6/29/09 3:12 PM

so funny that you asked that! i just got my aerodrink thing too. i experienced an electrolyte bath myself on saturday. sunday however, i inserted that yellow mesh that the bottle came with and that worked. or you can just MacGyver it and put some clear duct tape over the opening. good luck!
jm

tozamile's ravatar tozamile    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
RE: How to prevent aero drink shower?
POSTED: 6/29/09 3:44 PM

They have a new bottle out with a semi-closed top.

http://www.profile-design.com/profile-design/products/hydration/all-hydration/aerodrink.html

Or you can go the MacGyver route. I took a top off a regular bottle, some zip ties and rubberbands and created my own top. No more leaks and its pretty easy to refill while riding.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria