Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

VA Duathlon
CREATED: 01/14/10 by xena REPLIES: 9
xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
VA Duathlon
POSTED: 1/14/10 11:02 AM

I'm sure there's already a post on this somewhere but I can't find one.

Anyways, anyone else been getting the emails about the VA duathlon?
I'm tempted since I have a free place to stay in Richmond, but I haven't seen any indication they've learned how to put on a race properly.

Like starting a wave at 11:00 on an 80 degree day is a bad plan.

or bikes + railroad tracks = bad
bikes + railroad tracks + train = doom

Anyone rolling the dice and going?

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: VA Duathlon
POSTED: 1/14/10 11:19 AM

We ran (actually walked b/c a train was there for the 30-34 y.o.s.) over the train tracks in 2009. The bike course does not go near the train tracks. Also, the race director cut the first leg of running to a 5k (BOO!) and the tracks are out. But, not a lot of shade on the run.

I'm in! There is a thread somewhere about Nats Dua...

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 1/14/10 11:50 AM

I'll also be there and am sad about the change of run distance. Especially as when we did long course du worlds there in 2007, they were able to design a 15K run course that didn't cross train tracks so it is possible to run longer than 5K and not have problems.

courtr26's ravatar courtr26    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 117
POSTED: 1/14/10 12:12 PM

Ron and I signed up! Hopefully a big group will go again this year.

Courtney

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 1/14/10 12:15 PM

Me too. It's freaking Richmond, they have plenty of open space. The other gripes I've heard (just full disclosure for people who are signing up): mandatory bike check in on Saturday, lack of single loop bike course, logistically you cannot do Oly and sport race on same day, tight turns and too many bridge crossings on bike. Any more? But, it is 1.5 hours away.

I need to follow up with the Race Director. Someone please remind me to do this next week!

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 1/14/10 12:31 PM

I will be sigin up also for the Off-Road division, then cheering my fellow DC Peps on Sunday.

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 1/14/10 12:40 PM

There are 2 duathlons
There 1 call VA duathlon on march 28 at Chippokes Plantation State Park 695, Chippokes Park Rd Surry, VA

The 2nd one is the Duathlon nationals at Richmond Va. which I am doing and a bunch of us did last and survive the hot weather.

The weather have been Xtreme the last 3 years
2007, cloudy and 40
2008, rainy and windy 60
2009, Hot, humid, Hot, Humid, 90 and a train stop at the M&W age group 30-34 due to a train crossing during the first 10 k
2010, let see what are the surprises

I ll be there this year again and hope a lot people from the club be there

Eric

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 2/25/10 9:12 PM

Just a reminder that the prices increase this Sunday for the national duathlons championship is 2/3 full so probably it will sell out soon. Also this will be the last year that the race will be a national championship as they are moving it to AZ next year. Don't miss the chance to be in 2 national championship in a year. Also a good crowd of club members shows up and is fun
And brave NTPers are wellcome

Eric

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 2/25/10 9:23 PM

Woooohoooo.... In my quest of maximum punishment. I will now be racing the off road du on Saturday and the road du on Sunday. Sundays performance will be to get points for participation for the baddest tri club on the east coast.

macoffman's ravatar macoffman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 2/26/10 9:14 AM

I'm signed up and encourage everyone to consider racing it. We're lucky to have a Nationals Event so close to home and who knows, you may qualify to represent USA at Duathlon Worlds in Scotland.

As far as complaints, even though it works to my advantage, I think its a shame that they reduced the first run distance to 5k when this event is being used to identify the strongest athletes to compete at Worlds where the first run will be 10k.

I also think it's rediculous that we have to rack our bikes on Saturday and have already complained to the event organizer.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria