Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Total 200 in 2010?
CREATED: 01/14/10 by legalmoose REPLIES: 28
Eric's ravatar Eric    JOINED: 8/18/04    POSTS: 275
RE: Total 200 in 2010?
POSTED: 7/13/10 9:27 AM

That's pretty good advice. Overall the most important aspect is to keep your nutrition intake going and don't blow up. It's a long day so patience comes in handy- even though it's hard to keep from going faster on the way down to the point.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1063
POSTED: 7/13/10 2:54 PM

Agree with those comments above.

Just find a group that has similar goals and work together. Take your turn at the front of the group but don't worry if you aren't able to pull the group for long. It's kind of fun when you can ride in a well oiled paceline for 25-30 miles without stopping.

If you don't take salt tabs, this might be a good time to start. Follow the instruction on the bottle and it'll really help out with cramping towards the end.

See you Saturday!

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/13/10 6:32 PM

Also taking an awesome ending picture showing your finishing accomplishment and friendship works great too. Ask Joe and Travis, they had a Kodak moment last year. I am gonna see if my dad, who is visiting, wants to go out and help. Specailly since I am still having trouble gripping the handlebars since my race crash.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1761
POSTED: 7/17/10 10:44 AM

Good luck to all the Total 200ers today, now in the second half of the first of their two centuries!

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 7/17/10 10:25 PM

I want to send out a huge thank you to all the volunteers today, y'all were great!

Will

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1053
POSTED: 7/18/10 11:12 AM

Yesterday, I was amazed at the hard effort out there by all of the riders. You guys are INCREDIBLE! I was only helping out at the last pit stop and to do that bike ride in that heat is a true testiment of how tough everyone is.

Eric's ravatar Eric    JOINED: 8/18/04    POSTS: 275
POSTED: 7/18/10 11:37 AM

That heat and humidity really put a strain on a lot of us but those volunteers are AMAZING. Can't say enough about the effort and time they all put in. THANK YOU! It truly makes the event possible and without you we wouldn't have gotten very far. All the riders comments I get echo those thoughts. CONGRATS riders!

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 295
POSTED: 7/18/10 1:27 PM

Thanks all for the spot-on pre-ride advice. With the heat, pacing, fluids and sodium were even more important than your usual epic day in the saddle. Volunteers were great - knowing that there were folks ready to fill bottles with ice water and coke was of great help when my heat-addled brain was cooking away like it was in a crock pot. And special thanks to Chris at Arrow bikes for bailing me out twice - once for an operator-error flat and the other when a phantom shard of something destroyed my rear tire. I hope everyone's resting comfortably. I certainly enjoyed my pancakes & bacon this morning. :)

emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 7/18/10 10:02 PM

Everyone did a great job yesterday considering how hot it was all day. You were all amazing. In the times I have been part of this ride (3 times as a rider finishing all 200miles on my 3rd try, and as a vol 2 other times) I think yesterday was probably the toughest because of the heat. It was tough for me as a vol so I can only imagine how it was as a rider.
I enjoy being part of this ride both as a rider and as a volunteer, and we can never have too many volunteers. Yes, it makes for a long day of driving back and forth and waiting and more driving and waiting but nonetheless it is very rewarding. Having been a rider it's made me think about what they might want at the aid stations - especially later on in the ride. Simple things like holding their bike while they unclip and taking their bottles to fill them. Sometimes it's the little things that count.

Thanks again to Eric for planning yet another successful T200 and to Julie for heading up a great group of volunteers.
Sorry I didn't get to many people for massages but if you're interested let me know. I'm a student so it's free for you and homework/practice for me.

Emily
eajacobs15 at yahoo dot com

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria